CASCADE AT FORREST 2022

GeneralForrest

22 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

Yes because in high school everyone knows how to play— Inferior talent with superior coaching can easily win in young age groups… But eventually, the cream rises to the top… 

i would argue its:

- superior talent in the youth leagues (those dads have no idea what they are doing minus a couple exceptions)  -  - talent plus coaching in middle school
- talent ruined by coaching at the high school level. 

25 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

i would argue its:

- superior talent in the youth leagues (those dads have no idea what they are doing minus a couple exceptions)  -  - talent plus coaching in middle school
- talent ruined by coaching at the high school level. 

This is more like it. One big fast kid can run a sweep all game long and go undefeated if the coach doesn't know a football from a volleyball. In high school (at some programs) you have 5-10 guys spending dozens of hours  every week looking at tendencies and film. The good coaches have a Plan A and a Plan B plus they can come up with Plan C on the fly. High school also has to present a program the kids want to play for because a 17 year old has more options than a 12 year old. 

On 9/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, GeneralForrest said:

LAST 8 SEASONS:

7 WINS FORREST
1 WIN CASCADE

Forrest points 299 
Cascade points 96
Average score Forrest 37, Cascade 12

A 5 year stretch, 2015-2019
Forrest 226-51 advantage. Average score during those 5 years, Forrest 45, Cascade 10. 

Cascade has score 7 or fewer, 3 times. Forrest has score 35 or more, 6 times.
High of 56 for Forrest in 2015.
Low of 0 for Cascade in 2019. 

Thanks for looking this up so I didn't have to. Good info. The last 4 middle school games are just as lopsided. 

On 9/27/2022 at 2:53 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest beats Cascade at every level, soundly, from age 3 thru 8th grade. All of a sudden in high school it's a pick-em.  

That is a point to ponder. This group of seniors may have the distinction of losing 2 out of 3 to Cascade (both at home). I don't think they've lost 2 games to cascade from age 4 thru 8th grade. 

On 9/27/2022 at 3:10 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Total Yards-Forrest 267, Cascade 228

Rushing-Forrest 220, Cascade 166.

Passing-Forrest 47, Cascade 62.

Rushing

Forrest-Chris Davis 8-86, Hunter Bennett 7-48-2TD, Brenton Burchell 8-29, Tayton Swift 7-23, McCalister Wilson 5-22, Liam Bell 6-12.

Cascade-Ryan Inmon 21-139-TD, Xamarion Dixon 4-13, Connor Huie 2-8, Blake Olive 2-4, Chris Sullivan 2-2.

Last season Cascade had 161 yards on 31 carries. 75 came on one busted run by the QB. Their other 30 rushes netted 86 yards or 2.9 per carry,  Cascade has 25 yards of 2021 offense returning. Forrest has 121 yards from last year's game if #1 suits up.

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

Last season Cascade had 161 yards on 31 carries. 75 came on one busted run by the QB. Their other 30 rushes netted 86 yards or 2.9 per carry,  Cascade has 25 yards of 2021 offense returning. Forrest has 121 yards from last year's game if #1 suits up.

What's your take on the O and D line comparison from last season. Who won in the trenches last year, who wins this year, and why?

4 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

What's your take on the O and D line comparison from last season. Who won in the trenches last year, who wins this year, and why?

Line play is our strength with all the injuries to our skill guys. We had a slight edge last year and need to have a big game from both lines tomorrow. We have more depth on the line. If #1 can't go I'd give #61 a new # and let him block down or even play FB and kick out.  Hard to say who wins at any position tomorrow, both teams are good at being inconsistent. Periods of good play closely followed by garbage. 

18 hours ago, Salem said:

Line play is our strength with all the injuries to our skill guys. We had a slight edge last year and need to have a big game from both lines tomorrow. We have more depth on the line. If #1 can't go I'd give #61 a new # and let him block down or even play FB and kick out.  Hard to say who wins at any position tomorrow, both teams are good at being inconsistent. Periods of good play closely followed by garbage. 

Our entire line returned--I think 3 of 5 of the Forrest O-line is back--Should be pretty even--Riley Durbin is the man though-literally my favorite Rocket...To me, it will come down to play-calling--execution also of course, but mainly play-calling.

Cascade needs only to let fast Qb Dixon keep it or pass at the line of scrimmage to a playmaker to have success (with a little of the bruising FB mixed in)

Also the deep ball is a viable option.  What I don't want to see is anything in between--From what I've seen, Rockets cover 10-15 yd routes exceptionally well--needless to say, I expect a lot of 10-15 yd routes tonight!

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

o me, it will come down to play-calling--execution also of course, but mainly play-calling.

Eli S is not Bill Walsh. But he routinely seems to outcoach Cascade, including on a play to play basis.

The 2020 game was horrible. But in 18, 19, and 21, it was barely competitive.

Forrest simply waits for Cascade to shoot itself in the foot. 

2019 was memorable in the worst weather ever at Wartrace. 3-0 Forrest with 1 play to go in the 1st half. Was like a 60-yard Forrest TD and a 37-0 final.  

2020. I will go back and link my recap. I remember being disgusted.