CASCADE AT FORREST 2022

GeneralForrest

34 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

It is kind of funny---man, they are such a bad team, you wonder how @Salem & @GeneralForrest still thought that after watching 6 games, this team could turn it around and win out...I know they are high on the 8th & 9th graders, so maybe in 3 years they will have a good team full of upperclassman.  FWIW, Cascade had at least 3 Freshman making tackles vs Forrest.  It's gonna be 3-7 so maybe they will get their wish and get a new coaching staff...

If you or anyone thinks my smack talk was anything more then hopeful wishful thinking, then you haven't read much of my stuff. What did you expect me to do? Lay down before the game? Asinine. 

And the last 5 games have been a 180 from the first 2.  Teams are now stacking against the run with 10 guys, and Forrest has to put the game on the arm of a small freshman QB.  It's not working.

Forrest has made seemingly zero adjustments other than for the coaches to scream at the players and the refs. Another reason to flip the middle school staff to the high school team and keep Daughrity. Everyone else should clean out their desks and lockers. 

6 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

No idea. You guys got drubbed by Richland. That's inexplicable. Would you beat Eagleville head to head? I honestly don't know. They beat Wayne who beat Loretto who might beat you guys. It's an endless spiral of attempting to guess. 

Were you and are you better than us right now? By a mile.  

Fair enough--yes, the Richland game ended badly---I'm hopeful that the coaches have finally figured things out---as a Homer, I'd actually feel relatively confident in a rematch vs. any of the teams that beat us...

8 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

If you or anyone thinks my smack talk was anything more then hopeful wishful thinking, then you haven't read much of my stuff. What did you expect me to do? Lay down before the game? Asinine. 

And the last 5 games have been a 180 from the first 2.  Teams are now stacking against the run with 10 guys, and Forrest has to put the game on the arm of a small freshman QB.  It's not working.

Forrest has made seemingly zero adjustments other than for the coaches to scream at the players and the refs. Another reason to flip the middle school staff to the high school team and keep Daughrity. Everyone else should clean out their desks and lockers. 

No problem!--it was a good bluff... I would have expected a bit more realism such as--"we are very small, very young, and don't like contact." Durbin and the smaller Tank were the only Forrest players with pride that I noticed.  Heck, I'd get out of the way of #15 myself so I'm certainly not judging...

5 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

No problem!--it was a good bluff... I would have expected a bit more realism such as--"we are very small, very young, and don't like contact." Durbin and the smaller Tank were the only Forrest players with pride that I noticed.  Heck, I'd get out of the way of #15 myself so I'm certainly not judging...

Imagine you're the Bells. One is hurt and the other is a freshman. You're getting clobbered every game. How's your morale. Grissoms. Same thing. One kid just kicks into a net for an hour. Swift. This one...super talented and does incredible things during games. But he needs a coach who has an emotional feel for things. Swift lets off the gas on his own at times. But Coach Eli doesn't notice, care, or know how to deal with it. Tanks, S and B, look exhausted.

Can you imagine the mindset of the kids who are actually trying to win. That's my point. This coach has got to GO.   

11 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Imagine you're the Bells. One is hurt and the other is a freshman. You're getting clobbered every game. How's your morale. Grissoms. Same thing. One kid just kicks into a net for an hour. Swift. This one...super talented and does incredible things during games. But he needs a coach who has an emotional feel for things. Swift lets off the gas on his own at times. But Coach Eli doesn't notice, care, or know how to deal with it. Tanks, S and B, look exhausted.

Can you imagine the mindset of the kids who are actually trying to win. That's my point. This coach has got to GO.   

I think you are right, he can no longer inspire them to play hard...

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

I think you are right, he can no longer inspire them to play hard...

He should say he's stepping down. Effective immediately.

Between Johnson, Russell, Morgan, and Daughrity, are you, or anyone, gonna tell me we couldn't at least be as good as we are right now?

Basically the Middle School staff plus Daughrity. And I think there's a great chance this team would be in all 3 remaining games. MtP and Richland are not making it past 3rd round. Watch it happen. Riverside or Lewis or both will beat them in the postseason. ER, you will be lucky if you don't get a running clock put on you before half. JUST TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT. 

The fans, the families, the kids- they all see it. They see that this didn't work. IT'S NOT WORKING. WHY. SPIN. YOUR. WHEELS. Move on. And do it NOW. 

This is me 2 days later.

Can you imagine what was being said and heard Friday night? Or my reaction at the tiny parts of it that I actually subjected myself to? 

I heard stuff at Marion that would make Snoop Dog blush. People were very mad and upset at that game and some of the things that happened (3rd and 36 after THREE straight penalties, for one).

I didn't even go to this one. I almost wish I had to hear people's reactions to getting curb stomped by a .500 team on your home field. To not be competitive. For the HC to have no pulse on the team the fans or the community as a whole.

What is that practice field gonna look like Monday? It's Stage 4 man! THERE IS NO STAGE 5.  

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

This is me 2 days later.

Can you imagine what was being said and heard Friday night? Or my reaction at the tiny parts of it that I actually subjected myself to? 

I heard stuff at Marion that would make Snoop Dog blush. People were very mad and upset at that game and some of the things that happened (3rd and 36 after THREE straight penalties, for one).

I didn't even go to this one. I almost wish I had to hear people's reactions to getting curb stomped by a .500 team on your home field. To not be competitive. For the HC to have no pulse on the team the fans or the community as a whole.

What is that practice field gonna look like Monday? It's Stage 4 man! THERE IS NO STAGE 5.  

I actually sat on the Forrest  side to soak up the atmosphere… I was disappointed that there was not more grumbling, one lady said, “cascade got beat by Richland 62 to 0 so what the heck is that game gonna look like?!” Of course, I could not correct her on the score because I did not want to out myself as a champion fan… There was also some sarcastic cheering at the rare first downs… And maybe about twice towards the end, yells of frustration to try something different -but overall my section was pretty tame…

Just now, cascadehomer said:

I actually sat on the Forrest  side to soak up the atmosphere… I was disappointed that there was not more grumbling, one lady said, “cascade got beat by Richland 62 to 0 so what the heck is that game gonna look like?!” Of course, I could not correct her on the score because I did not want to out myself as a champion fan… There was also some sarcastic cheering at the rare first downs… And maybe about twice towards the end, yells of frustration to try something different -but overall my section was pretty tame…

Also, at halftime, a man approximately 70 years old with a walker left in disgust— his submissive bride walked behind him and she had nice birthing hips… I assumed it was the general!

On 9/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, GeneralForrest said:

I also sense Forrest players have given up on the staff. I truly hope I am wrong, for the kids not for the staff. I've wanted the HS staff replaced with the MS staff for a while.

If Cascade gets up 7-0 or heaven forbid 14 or 21-0 this baby's over. 

Right on all counts. Clearly, you had some inside info or a crystal ball. I would have been disappointed with a 21-7 loss. Fans were outraged by a 21-17 loss late last season to a 3-5 ERobertson. And then this. 

On 10/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, anchordown10 said:

Well I thought this was going to be a pick ‘em game and made the drive over to Chapel Hill to catch it. Cascade looked like a team on a mission and Forrest looked like they were just there because it was Friday in the fall.

I will apologize for you traveling and paying $7 to watch that. That will go down as one of the worse performances on Forrest's field in school history. As you said a pick'em on paper. Cascade was playing for a #4 seed and Forrest still had a chance to win the region. No excuses for that effort. A running clock at 6:00 of the 3rd quarter and several dropped passes prevented Cascade from scoring 70. 

Forrest looked stale on offense same 3 plays and punt or turn it over and defensively never made any adjustments to anything Cascade was doing. I do believe Forrest thought they could just do what they usually do and bully Cascade like they have in the past. They seemed unprepared, confused, and scared to get hit Friday. On the flip side Cascade was prepared for anything that was thrown at them and was the aggressor from the first whistle.

We are predictable and stale. The game looked like a scout offense going against the first string and the starters were listening to the play in the huddle. These kids have been running those same 3 plays for 8-10 years and we looked like a group of exchange students got together on Monday to install an offense. We couldn't block. We couldn't hold a hand off. Backs didn't know where to line up and ran into each other. Special teams were just as bad and the defense is the worst unit in the region, possibly in all of 2A. 

Those programs are definitely going in different directions this year and possibly the future. It will be interesting to see what their trajectories are for the rest of the season. Can Forrest get it together and get to the playoffs or will they lay down the rest of the season? Also, can Cascade use this dominant blowout to win out and make a run? 

Trajectory. That is the issue and what GeneralF and I post about. Yes, the program had success over the last 5 years but we can't beat teams when the athletes on the field are even and the opposing coach watches film. This was a painful 48 minute- We told you so. No player retention or development. We have a great chance to be one of the top teams in 2A over the next 4 years but not without change.  

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Trajectory. That is the issue and what GeneralF and I post about. Yes, the program had success over the last 5 years but we can't beat teams when the athletes on the field are even and the opposing coach watches film. This was a painful 48 minute- We told you so. No player retention or development. We have a great chance to be one of the top teams in 2A over the next 4 years but not without change.  

Man, I realize that I'm a CascadeHomer, but the athletes on the field did not look even to me.  Cascade was bigger, stronger, and faster all over the field...Excited for the JV match-up tomorrow-Cascade JV has had a nice year...