The Ridge (OR) @ Pal (Powell)

SweetScience

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

The game went about as I figured it would go, experience advantage to Potts and the Powell receivers, who made enough big plays to provide the margin 30-14. I thought Oak Ridge should have got in the power set and run the football a little more, try to move the chains and keep Pal offense off the field. The big over the top plays fixed that. OR quarterback being his first start, did OK, he missed some throws, but made a couple of good ones as well. Just needs to learn the offense better and get the play off before drawing those annoying delay penalties. Again, the message for OR for next week is work on getting the plays off faster, execution and elimination of penalties. No doubt they will be a heavy underdog against a very good Greeneville team, but its a chance to really get better. The goal should be to turn in a 4 quarter game against Karns in two weeks. 

Good post.I think the main game plan next week should be working on getting everybody in the right place faster and knowing what to do.I know its new system and new lineup every week but the confusion is killing us.The defense is in a good spot and should just get better.If we can just get the offense in sync and on same page it will go a long way.Big salute to Dozier for how hard he goes no matter what.He had over 100 yds rushing and close to 100 rec even with the defense keying on him.I thought 14 was decent for his 1st start.We just cant miss those wide open walk in TDs like the one we missed right before half when he way under threw it.The wind was in his face but maybe it just slipped.Ive seen this team practice and know they will get it worked out.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Thats just not true.They was missing starting QB,DT,MLB and Rogers who would probably be best player on the field.Plus 2 starters who havent played all year trying to get in game shape.Plus one of them got hurt again during game.And I heard starting center was out but maybe that is the DT i listed Im not sure.Oak Ridge is moving the ball just as good as anybody they play but cant make the big play.Not to mention get a penalty at the worst time.Defense played good but gave up 3 or 4 big plays that killed them.But between new system and a different lineup every week it has been hard to get the little things right.So many little mistakes that have added up and killed them.

The fact that we're even talking about how many starters are missing and who is injured is part of the problem. This is ridiculous. Talking about this kind of thing is bad and if it starts at the top, it's worse. Get the plays in on time...tackle...cover the pass...stop whining...etc.  I doubt OR will have more talent than they have right now for a while, so make the best of it. I thought the QB looked better than any QB has all year...where has he been...hurt?????  The season is not lost...OR can still finish second in the region, and we should. Get ready for Greenville and stop whining...fans included!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, catswild said:

The fact that we're even talking about how many starters are missing and who is injured is part of the problem. This is ridiculous. Talking about this kind of thing is bad and if it starts at the top, it's worse. Get the plays in on time...tackle...cover the pass...stop whining...etc.  I doubt OR will have more talent than they have right now for a while, so make the best of it. I thought the QB looked better than any QB has all year...where has he been...hurt?????  The season is not lost...OR can still finish second in the region, and we should. Get ready for Greenville and stop whining...fans included!

Stillnum1 does that quite a bit

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

How about that "terrible" Powell defense as stated earlier in this thread.  Powell won 30-7 (OR starters scored against Powell JV at end of game) Powell is getting healthy at the right time.  Need to clean up a lot of things, but they are heading back to normal QUICKLY.

The Powell defense is NOT good. Through five of the six games before playing OR (excluding lowly Halls who they held to three points), they had allowed an average of 32 points (48,38,28,24,22), and OR realistically scored 7 because the last score was an interception by Powell who literally lateraled the ball to the OR player, who scored. So yes, I stand by my description of the Powell defense as being terrible...but they were good enough to hold OR to 7 points and then a fluke 7 with seconds left. 

3 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

How about that "terrible" Powell defense as stated earlier in this thread.  Powell won 30-7 (OR starters scored against Powell JV at end of game) Powell is getting healthy at the right time.  Need to clean up a lot of things, but they are heading back to normal QUICKLY.

Yea I heard OR has some d1 talent at running back and receiver and for Powell to keep them to 7 points is good. I think we can safely say they are the best defense in the region. I know it’s a team game but when #6 is in the back field every time it’s hard to get in a rhythm. 

19 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Thats just not true.They was missing starting QB,DT,MLB and Rogers who would probably be best player on the field.Plus 2 starters who havent played all year trying to get in game shape.Plus one of them got hurt again during game.And I heard starting center was out but maybe that is the DT i listed Im not sure.Oak Ridge is moving the ball just as good as anybody they play but cant make the big play.Not to mention get a penalty at the worst time.Defense played good but gave up 3 or 4 big plays that killed them.But between new system and a different lineup every week it has been hard to get the little things right.So many little mistakes that have added up and killed them.

Sharpe was already being beaten out by the 2cd team QB, so that doesn't work, not for me anyway.

Rodgers and Steed are missed, that's it. OR would have lost by the same score if those 2 started last night, just face reality. My son as soon as OR made a huge play said "watch, we'll now go backwards" and we did. It's predictable and that's a huge red flag.

There is something missing on this team mentally. I've never seen an OR team this prepared to harm themselves over and over like that. It's no different than at SD, we made errors all night long there, too. They just sucked so bad we still killed them. 

Missing players are not why OR sucks this season. It's just not factual, there's a problem with focus. One penalty after another all season long. It's gonna be that way on the last game, too, watch and see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Yea I heard OR has some d1 talent at running back and receiver and for Powell to keep them to 7 points is good. I think we can safely say they are the best defense in the region. I know it’s a team game but when #6 is in the back field every time it’s hard to get in a rhythm. 

#6 for Powell is an absolute beast...he's a great defender. Powell might actually have the best defense in the region...because nobody in the region is very good on defense, unfortunately. I hope OR gets better on defense between now and the playoffs