AC Mavs @ Carter

Mavericksinflight

10 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Carter started out 0-3 and have manged to get going and are 3-3. Carter has the area leading QB and Carter just upset Karns. The ball should be flying all over the place on Friday night. The Mavs survived another scare last Friday night. This should be a fast paced game and look for some interceptions on both sides.

I think there should be an asterisk on their record after the Karns finish, fwiw.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I think there should be an asterisk on their record after the Karns finish, fwiw.

Only asterisk that needs to be passed out on this one…is the last play should have never been allowed to happen, but we love ending the game with an INT. I do, however, find it a smidge ironic that a representative from Powell would be on here passing out asterisks, FWIW. 

Oh wow, the Carter troll brigade decided to show up...

I'm not sure if anyone addressed this in the Karns-Carter thread, so I'll post this comment there as well - What is the NFHS rule in that situation? I've not been able to find this particular scenario clearly spelled out in the TSSAA or NFHS rulebook. If a fair catch had been called, no time is required to come off of the clock, but that obviously wasn't the case here. Not the same rulebook, but NCAA rules do not require the clock to start if the ball is cleanly recovered by a receiving player that is down (like what we saw on Friday night). Ohio high schools (OHSAA) have a similar rule.

I'm just wondering what the rule is in TN because I haven't been able to find it. I was under the impression that the rule here is the same as Ohio (and college, in this instance). Apparently the officials on the field Friday night were under the same impression, as far as I can tell.

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

Now I have to watch the Carter and Karns game. Got my interest going. ;)

Pull up the Diamond Clear Media archive, and just watch the final couple of minutes. Incredible finish.

Not sure if you know MIF, but I'd love for someone who knows the NFHS/TSSAA rulebook to speak to the timing issue on the final kickoff.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not sure if anyone addressed this in the Karns-Carter thread, so I'll post this comment there as well - What is the NFHS rule in that situation? I've not been able to find this particular scenario clearly spelled out in the TSSAA or NFHS rulebook. If a fair catch had been called, no time is required to come off of the clock, but that obviously wasn't the case here. Not the same rulebook, but NCAA rules do not require the clock to start if the ball is cleanly recovered by a receiving player that is down (like what we saw on Friday night). Ohio high schools (OHSAA) have a similar rule.

I'm just wondering what the rule is in TN because I haven't been able to find it. I was under the impression that the rule here is the same as Ohio (and college, in this instance). Apparently the officials on the field Friday night were under the same impression, as far as I can tell.

1. The last play was not a TD. It was intercepted at the 1 yard line and ruled and INT…. Before that ball was even thrown.. two flags were thrown at the LOS (one for QB being across the LOS and one for off holding). 

furthermore, after the TD .7 seconds were left on the clock and the ball was squibbed at a Karns front line player. If the ball is fielded in the field of play on a bouncing ball (not fair caught)  The clock is supposed to run at least 1 second off. (The actual rule is .8 seconds). So the final Hail Mary was never supposed to happen. 

Not building a rocket here my guy. 

Edited by GatorTDMaker

36 minutes ago, GatorTDMaker said:

1. The last play was not a TD. It was intercepted at the 1 yard line and ruled and INT…. Before that ball was even thrown.. two flags were thrown at the LOS (one for QB being across the LOS and one for off holding). 

furthermore, after the TD .7 seconds were left on the clock and the ball was squibbed at a Karns front line player. If the ball is fielded in the field of play on a bouncing ball (not fair caught)  The clock is supposed to run at least 1 second off. (The actual rule is .8 seconds). So the final Hail Mary was never supposed to happen. 

That's pretty clear.

2 hours ago, GatorTDMaker said:

Can you point me to that kickoff rule? Not saying your wrong, I'd just like to know for my own edification because I've not been able to find it.

Also, I've gone back and watched that hail mary a few times. I can't speak to the illegal forward pass because the camera had already focused on the end zone before the ball was thrown. That feed also doesn't confirm that the officials ever indicated that there was a penalty of any kind on that play. Only those who were at the game (I assume you were) can speak to where it was thrown from.

Pretty clear from the replay that Bishop and the DB both appear to catch the ball. The DB's backside lands at the one, while Bishop rolls over the DB and ends up lying in the end zone. I assume that there was an official on top of the play, but it was never clear in the video what the call was on the field. Again, another situation where I can only speak to what I saw on video.

I'm just trying to better understand what actually happened, and you'll have to pardon my skepticism. I was just hoping to hear from someone who didn't have any skin in that game.

Edited by osunut2

23 hours ago, osunut2 said:

They lost so us and they tried to say stuff like this its how Powell is. We will be ready for Carter with another tough week of practice. Guys are feeling the vibe in the school. 

• Upvote 1