UNRULY PARENTS DRIVING OUT REFS AND COACHES

GeneralForrest

I think it's the fans' fault. Fans don't do enough. They don't pay enough for tix, equipment, or travel, nor do they give enough time. Fans definitely need to sacrifice more.  

I think Childress and about a dozen other dudes making $200k a year apiece is justified. If anything, they are underpaid.

We simply don't have it in the budget for more refs. Nor to increase the pay for those who do.

The solution is to sit quietly during the games and never challenge or even mention any mistakes made by coaches or refs.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

I think it's the fans' fault. Fans don't do enough. They don't pay enough for tix, equipment, or travel, nor do they give enough time. Fans definitely need to sacrifice more.  

I think Childress and about a dozen other dudes making $200k a year apiece is justified. If anything, they are underpaid.

We simply don't have it in the budget for more refs. Nor to increase the pay for those who do.

The solution is to sit quietly during the games and never challenge or even mention any mistakes made by coaches or refs.   

Big difference in asking questions or mentioning mistakes vs cursing them & telling them how awful they are. Refs miss calls, coaches make the wrong calls too. Humans brother… all humans. 

Edited by OICU812
  • Like 1

I usually hang out in the 4a section but this was an interesting read.  

My thoughts are we have a shortage now that will get worse.  It's not just any one thing but a lot of it is the abuse officials suffer.  

If your kids are good enough to play in college at the next level,  one or two missed calls ain't changing that.  Their body of work over a season will speak for itself.  They may play 300 snaps a year on just one side of the ball. Even half a dozen bad calls won't change what they did.  A college coach will still see what they need to.  

On 10/3/2022 at 11:02 AM, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Been around the game for decades now, for every 1-2 coaches pulling that nonsense, there are dozens of parents.  Witnessed a Portland parent do it just a few weeks back.

them port land fans are all ways the worsest 

i aint saw none of my indians fans doing this