UNRULY PARENTS DRIVING OUT REFS AND COACHES

GeneralForrest

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think you made a good post.

cops, many of them dont deserve respect. some teachers dont either.

unfortunately the inner cities are worse than any of our neighborhoods. an overall respect for adults, i agree. that is a good thing. 

“Inner Cities” why not just say the Blacks, because no little kid from ur neighborhood would be disrespectful towards refs teachers or cops. Anytime ive heard cussing or yelling at refs or actually fighting a ref on the sideline i was in a “good neighborhood” but hey the inner city is the worst. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wholder said:

Yes I did watched the video. Fans are the first to blame officials for a loss. Just about every week you se it here on the T network. Look at the Fayetteville vs Cornersville game this week. Every week and just about every game someone calls for a horse collar. Most are clueless what the TSSAA says is a horse collar penalty.

I use to call our area school’s game on the local radio.  Our team was flagged for pass interference  and I said on the air, “that ball was uncatchable, that couldn’t be interference. One of my friends, who was an official, heard the comment.  He brought me a rule book and told me to “brush up on the rules.” He was right and I was wrong in my statement. Unfortunately, I think so many fans don’t know the rules and mix the rules from High School, college and pros up to the point that they have convinced themselves that they are an expert 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I use to call our area school’s game on the local radio.  Our team was flagged for pass interference  and I said on the air, “that ball was uncatchable, that couldn’t be interference. One of my friends, who was an official, heard the comment.  He brought me a rule book and told me to “brush up on the rules.” He was right and I was wrong in my statement. Unfortunately, I think so many fans don’t know the rules and mix the rules from High School, college and pros up to the point that they have convinced themselves that they are an expert 

This is true. There are differences in the NFHS and NCAA that many people don't know about. 

2 hours ago, Nets1108 said:

“Inner Cities” why not just say the Blacks, because no little kid from ur neighborhood would be disrespectful towards refs teachers or cops. Anytime ive heard cussing or yelling at refs or actually fighting a ref on the sideline i was in a “good neighborhood” but hey the inner city is the worst. 

whites live in inner cities too. just ask some posters here 

Just now, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I call it the “Peyton Manning” syndrome. In that, it seems every parent thinks their kid is the next Peyton Manning.

Another reason, it seems to me, is that parents are living through their kids. Either extending their time or, doing what they never did.

Some of these parents are delusional ur kid has .0001 percent chance of going to the next level just go cheer for their team and them

3 hours ago, wholder said:

Two maybe three weekends ago....... Saturday ball..... Coach/parent came on the field after a game was over and sucker punched an official. Next weekend all officials in the group refused to service games in that league. Not sure what was done about but it did happen

Well. That’s assault. 

5 hours ago, wholder said:

Big reason why there's a shortage:

$115 per Friday night game ...

3:30-5:30 .. Drive to game (you pay the gas)

5:30-7:00 .. Get dressed, pregame, talk to coaches, go thru all checklists for the game, check equipment

7:00-8:00 .. Kickoff and first half (get screamed and cursed at, run about a mile) 

8:00-8:20 .. Halftime (rest, eat a bag of chips and a bottle of water if the school is nice enough to provide it) 

8:20-9:30 .. 2nd half (get cursed and screamed at even worse, especially if the game is tight going down the stretch, run another mile)

9:30 -10:00 .. Leave the field with police as security, shower, change clothes, leave the school

10:00-10:15 .. Drive to the closest fast food joint because you're starving

10:15-10:45 .. wait in line and eventually scarf down a dry burger with fries

10:45-12:45 .. Drive home (you once again pay the gas) 

Hopefully be in bed by 1:30 am .. 

3:30 - 12:30 is 9 hours ... 

$115 for 9 hours equals $12.77 per hour 

Oh yeah, take off $20 in gas .. 

$95 for 9 hours equals $10.50 per hour .. 

(You've also spent $400 on equipment, officials pants, shirts, shoes, flags etc) 

Any idea what a high school profits on a Friday night game ??? These officials are the guys you gotta have to make that money ... They do it because they love it .. not for the money ... While you are watching your kids play, they are away from their families .. Pay em .. they earn it .. and from what they have to go thru, they deserve it !!!!

You’re post is just about spot on. I will say that this year they have required mileage pay. Its not a ton, but an extra $20 or $30 helps. It is a step in the right direction. I don’t have any comment on fans, they are ruthless. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

some kids are obviously not peyton manning. 

many youth coaches are terrible, and just play their own kids 

General, years ago I was watching a youth football game down in Columbia. I saw a coach put a kid in that had no idea how to even line down/get in a stance (D lineman). In between series, a parent explained/showed the kid how to line down. The problem was the kid lined up offsides; twice in a row. The coach pulled the kid and was ranting and raving and yelling the kids name on the sideline.

The problem I had was the coach or coaches had not shown the kid the proper way to line up/down. Second, it’s a wonder the coach didn’t get jacked on the sideline.

1 minute ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

General, years ago I was watching a youth football game down in Columbia. I saw a coach put a kid in that had no idea how to even line down/get in a stance (D lineman). In between series, a parent explained/showed the kid how to line down. The problem was the kid lined up offsides; twice in a row. The coach pulled the kid and was ranting and raving and yelling the kids name on the sideline.

The problem I had was the coach or coaches had not shown the kid the proper way to line up/down. Second, it’s a wonder the coach didn’t get jacked on the sideline.

At my sons youth league game in Loudon couple yrs back. Coaches son got hit a bit to hard for his liking guy starts yelling at the ref and then starts swinging full blown brawl in the middle of the game