BOYS AA DISTRICT 9 PREDICTIONS

MIDTNBBALLGUY

16 minutes ago, MIDTNBBALLGUY said:

Just putting out this to see where everyone's mind is at.

1. CHEATHAM

2. FAIRVIEW

3. HARPETH

4. SYCAMORE

5. WHITE HOUSE HERITAGE 

Not being familiar with what players some of these schools graduated, I think you could put those top 3 any where in the top 3 and it would be a good start for a pre-season prediction.  

Cheatham will be good. Returned a lot But beatable. Fairview lost their best player but have a strong 1-2 guards that probably improved. Harpeth lost their leading scorer and rebounder but picked up a ton of talent in new tryouts and freshman. Whitehouse most likely improved but graduated a lot of their talent. Sycamore is easily the worst team on this list 

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2022 at 2:15 PM, MIDTNBBALLGUY said:

Just putting out this to see where everyone's mind is at.

1. CHEATHAM

2. FAIRVIEW

3. HARPETH

4. SYCAMORE

5. WHITE HOUSE HERITAGE 

The Cheatham County schools will be very competitive. Cheatham has a lot of returning talent. Sycamore has a great young coach turning that program around. Harpeth is always solid, those matchups will be fun to see. 

Seeing some scores from the first night, I do believe that Fairview and Cheatham will be competing for the top spot. I know it is very early and they have only played one game, but Fairview seems to have replaced some key losses with some talent. I do think Harpeth can still compete, but it is going to take them getting their young guys more reps. I know they have a freshman they are expecting a lot out of.

Edited by MIDTNBBALLGUY

Saw the score of the Harpeth game and watch the huddle highlights and scores. Talked to a couple people as well. They trailed by 6 at halftime against greenbrier. Then greenbrier ran off and left them. Harpeth couldn’t hit a shot. Finished shooting 11% from the 3 and 40% from 2. Greenbrier is pretty good! Harpeth has some work to do 

16 hours ago, BackThatPassUp said:

Saw the score of the Harpeth game and watch the huddle highlights and scores. Talked to a couple people as well. They trailed by 6 at halftime against greenbrier. Then greenbrier ran off and left them. Harpeth couldn’t hit a shot. Finished shooting 11% from the 3 and 40% from 2. Greenbrier is pretty good! Harpeth has some work to do 

You said Sycamore was easily the worst team on the list. Sounds like it may be Harpeth. 

On 11/17/2022 at 1:35 PM, MIDTNBBALLGUY said:

Seeing some scores from the first night, I do believe that Fairview and Cheatham will be competing for the top spot. I know it is very early and they have only played one game, but Fairview seems to have replaced some key losses with some talent. I do think Harpeth can still compete, but it is going to take them getting their young guys more reps. I know they have a freshman they are expecting a lot out of.

Sounds like they are missing a lot more than last year than I thought. How many varsity guys did they return? Who’s the upcoming freshman?

On 11/18/2022 at 4:45 PM, BackThatPassUp said:

Sounds like they are missing a lot more than last year than I thought. How many varsity guys did they return? Who’s the upcoming freshman?

Harpeth lost 4 contributors from last year's team. The 4 seniors they lost combined to average. 35.6 PPG and 18.4 Rebounds per game. I was expecting them to Play freshman Cj. Turner he has size and athleticism but from what I have seen and heard he is not playing very much. They do have a lot of seniors, but outside of a few, they do not have much experience.