BOYS AA DISTRICT 9 PREDICTIONS

MIDTNBBALLGUY

2 hours ago, JacketsHoops said:

That was EXACTLY my point....had FvHS and Giles played the last 6yrs, I doubt it'd be 19-0.  Fvhs boys basketball has been, historically bad.  More wins in last 6yrs than nearly previous 20.

Nothing but the best to Giles...team is great, coach does it right, great fans.  Good luck!

No doubt about it. They have came a long way since the 103-44 game back when Tyler was a senior.

9 hours ago, Raining3s said:

That was a very entertaining game between two really good teams. Fairview could never get over the hump in the second half. They got within two points, just to see Giles Co. answer right back with a barrage of three pointers to push the lead to double digits.Good luck to both teams in their sub state game. Fairview High School and staff should be recognized for hosting both District and Regional  Tournaments. You all did an awesome job and should be very proud. A packed gym  with fans from both sides cheering their teams and creating an electric atmosphere is what players from both teams will remember for the rest of their lives. That is what high school basketball is all about. Big shout out to P A  announcer from Fairview  he is fantastic !! 

Amen!

I believe #30 for Fairview and #4 from Gibson county were both ejected.  They had both been mouthing quite a bit the last couple minutes and it came to that.   Was definitely a bad way for the game to end. Wish the refs had noticed and try to get it ended before it got that far because you could see it coming with them 2.  Also, the way 4 walked off the court and his actions are something that shouldn’t be accepted and I’ve heard will be addressed by the school.  Hopefully he can learn from that.   Was a great back and forth game until the final seconds went that way 

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

On the video that I saw from last nights game #30 for Fairview and #4 from Gibson County exchanged looks after a long pass from just shy of mid court with 05.9 seconds remaining in the game.  #4 fouled him on the play and then when #30 walks away from him #4 decided to walk up and shove him.  I don’t know if anything was said but if something was said then both players should have received a technical foul.  Outside of that though the video clearly shows that #4 from Gibson County should have then been ejected from the contest for physically assaulting #30 from Fairview.  At no point in the video that I watched does #30 from Fairview either instigate confrontation with #4 nor did he physically lay a hand on #4.  It’s pretty sad that the official ejected #30 from Fairview especially if he is a senior who just helped his team reach the state tournament.  He did nothing to deserve to be ejected from that game and even was physically assaulted by a player from the other team.  #4 from Gibson County did deserve to be ejected because he provoked an altercation and then physically shoved another player because reality had set in and he was frustrated with the result of the game.  

I expect Fairview to appeal the decision and to win the appeal because the official was wrong to eject their player in this instance. 

4 from Gibson Co deserves whatever punishment he gets. But 30 from Fairview definitely played a huge part in the situation.  I haven’t seen a video but he looked to have grabbed 4 before the push live.  And was definitely doing his share of taunting in the moments leading up to it.  

13 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The official DQ’d both players for the incident that occurred with 05.9 left in the game.  The preceding barbs and everything else is irrelevant when it’s one situation that is identified in the “player disqualification report”.  

I think that the official DQ’d #4 for what he saw and DQ’d #30 for what he thought that he saw.  I’m not saying that barbs weren’t exchanged leading up to the incident.  Honestly I’m sure that they were.  What I am saying is that I don’t see how #30 was ejected when he was on the receiving end of a physical assault that took place and did not even respond.  I thought from the video that he remained pretty level headed in not pushing #4 back or throwing a punch at #4 in retaliation.  

First off. Unless more than what I saw happened 4 pushed 30.  It wasn’t a punch and just some awful “physical assault” like you’re saying. Now he can’t do that and I’m not defending it. Once again 4 deserves punishment.  But did 30 not have ahold of 4s jersey before the push?  It sure looked that way live.   It was a bad situation that both players played a major role in. Let’s stop acting like 30 was the victim.  In the end I still feel like the refs could have stopped it.  Them 2 had been pretty aggressive towards each other in the moments leading up to it.