AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 26 2022

Southtowner

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

This is definitely a good one , people hate on lake and that team is loaded, if they play the perfect game at the right time they could shock the doubters and win it all

Thanks.

I'll give a nod or two to a school that is winning during the regular season, especially around the mid way point.  It's not a mathematical algorithm by any means. And if it were there'd still be those that would disagree.  By the final week the top 10 should be just that, the top 10.  

55 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Thanks.

I'll give a nod or two to a school that is winning during the regular season, especially around the mid way point.  It's not a mathematical algorithm by any means. And if it were there'd still be those that would disagree.  By the final week the top 10 should be just that, the top 10.  

I agree but why is south Pitt 8th. I haven’t followed as closely this year 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I agree but why is south Pitt 8th. I haven’t followed as closely this year 

Lost one heck of a class.  Too much inconsistency.  Discipline.  

I've seen a couple teams outside SP on the west side.  We could possibly move up a couple spots or 3.  Gordonsville has been my East front runner this year.  So, basically we are sitting at the #2 spot on this side of the bracket in my opinion.  Which is what I see.  

1 hour ago, rlh said:

They graduated a lot.  Plus they have 2 losses, one to a team that could beat anyone in 1a and 2a.  The other was to a team they could beat most in 1a and 2a.

I can see South Pitt being ranked with 2 losses and teams they played.But I think voters usually just look around records and not know crap about who teams have played.Halls has improved but do the voters ,at least by the teams they have played believe a 5-1 Halls team is better than a 4-2 LC team? Maybe they are.Im just saying based on teams both have played this year.

Sure wish these people that vote would actually look at teams and who they play and not just vote them cause if records.Voters are a joke.Every year or in teams past,they put Greenfield,West Carroll in the top ten when they go 4-0 or 5-0 and have played the cafeteria women.Just like this week.Voted Halls at 10th barely beating West Carroll and Other teams.Then they play someone and get shut out 42 to 0 by Trenton.Mase hasn't been scored on all season.Was thinking Halls may score against them but after seeing Trenton score,doubt it.Mase probably won't allow a score till playoffs playing the weakest schedule in Tenn.

13 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Sure wish these people that vote would actually look at teams and who they play and not just vote them cause if records.Voters are a joke.Every year or in teams past,they put Greenfield,West Carroll in the top ten when they go 4-0 or 5-0 and have played the cafeteria women.Just like this week.Voted Halls at 10th barely beating West Carroll and Other teams.Then they play someone and get shut out 42 to 0 by Trenton.Mase hasn't been scored on all season.Was thinking Halls may score against them but after seeing Trenton score,doubt it.Mase probably won't allow a score till playoffs playing the weakest schedule in Tenn.

And as talented as MASE is, this may bite them in the rear when they face teams thats really good and have been challenged several times. I'll be pulling for SP but it looks like an uphill battle. I see at least 4 powerhouses in the west.

13 minutes ago, pujo said:

And as talented as MASE is, this may bite them in the rear when they face teams thats really good and have been challenged several times. I'll be pulling for SP but it looks like an uphill battle. I see at least 4 powerhouses in the west.

The Pirates can make it there. The second and third round games against Clay/Gordonsville will tell the tale.

Mckenzie is as talented as the 2016 Dresden Lions team. There qb is a game changer and the complete package. So saying Dresden is a third tier behind Peabody and Fayetteville is wrong. It's Mckenzie and then everyone else. Fayetteville is good but it won't be a easy task to beat Dresden. Trenton needs to watch out for Mase and Lake County and not start looking for a rematch with Mckenzie or they will be sent home in the second round.

1 minute ago, Sherdog said:

Mckenzie is as talented as the 2016 Dresden Lions team. There qb is a game changer and the complete package. So saying Dresden is a third tier behind Peabody and Fayetteville is wrong. It's Mckenzie and then everyone else. Fayetteville is good but it won't be a easy task to beat Dresden. Trenton needs to watch out for Mase and Lake County and not start looking for a rematch with Mckenzie or they will be sent home in the second round.

I agree. As deep and talented as 1A is this year, especially in the west, I really do think McK is in a league of their own. They have it all. A do-it-all QB, one of the fastest players in the state, depth at the athlete position, and a defense that completely shut down a good Dresden and Huntingdon offense. 

21 hours ago, Sherdog said:

You’ll see soon enough that it’s not “mckenzie and then everyone else”