Early 1A Mr. Football Candidates

CastIronHero

9 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

White play 7 games? Diggers has played 6. 

On average if that is the case 

White has 272 all purpose yards and 3.7 all purpose touchdowns a game.

Driggers has 284 all purpose yards and 3.8 all purpose touchdowns in a game.

If white has played 6 then Kudos to him.

6 games, MC had a Bye last week

thats 317yds/game 4.3TD

30 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

White at 1902 total yards and 26 TD's

&

Driggers at 1709 total yards and 23 TD's

Clearly lead the way

White by far means more to his team than anyone else in the running. Take him off Moore co and they look drastically different. They will never give it to him but he’s by far the best in 1A this year you can go by stats but the eye test ends any discussions 

Just now, Doc931 said:

White by far means more to his team than anyone else in the running. Take him off Moore co and they look drastically different. They will never give it to him but he’s by far the best in 1A this year you can go by stats but the eye test ends any discussions 

100% Facts 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:40 AM, Doc931 said:

19 is heck of player to and deserves the ball but when you have the speed of a Jackson he needs more touches in different ways. #5 doesnt get targeted nearly enough either he's a stick mover. Its a good problem to have tho. Then in games like MC when the run game is dominating why go away from it? Cagle has got to start calling better games and it wouldn't be a bad idea to increase the tempo even more going forward 

#7 is a mess at City. His talent is tarnished by character issues. Quit the team, skipped Summer workouts. Skipping practice and not knowing the play book is why he isn’t getting touches. Lucky he’s still on the team. He wants to fight on the field if anybody looks at him the wrong way. Got a penalty last week. Most coaches would have cut him regardless of his talent. Getting open hasn’t been an issue, most plays #5, #14 and #19 are wide open but we throw screens. Whether it’s predetermined or just inexperienced QB not getting through progression not sure. He’s seemed to get better as the seasons went on. They’ve tried to give the kid chances but he wants it handed to him. 

9 minutes ago, Tigers71 said:

#7 is a mess at City. His talent is tarnished by character issues. Quit the team, skipped Summer workouts. Skipping practice and not knowing the play book is why he isn’t getting touches. Lucky he’s still on the team. He wants to fight on the field if anybody looks at him the wrong way. Got a penalty last week. Most coaches would have cut him regardless of his talent. Getting open hasn’t been an issue, most plays #5, #14 and #19 are wide open but we throw screens. Whether it’s predetermined or just inexperienced QB not getting through progression not sure. He’s seemed to get better as the seasons went on. They’ve tried to give the kid chances but he wants it handed to him. 

Don’t come out throwing shade on him like that. You have no idea what that kid has gone through the past 3-4 months. I can tell you that kid knows the playbook for sure. How else would he start at corner and slot without knowing it?? he hasnt gotten many touches at running back because 1 is having an amazing year. 

3 minutes ago, City223 said:

Don’t come out throwing shade on him like that. You have no idea what that kid has gone through the past 3-4 months. I can tell you that kid knows the playbook for sure. How else would he start at corner and slot without knowing it?? he hasnt gotten many touches at running back because 1 is having an amazing year. 

There’s a playbook for a corner ? 

6 hours ago, Doc931 said:

I don't like to call anyone a 1 man team.  But if there is one, ... well, he's very close to that. 

2 minutes ago, City223 said:

I mean you have to know the coverages and blitzes and city runs a lot of them so technically yes

Blitzes with cornerback ?  Anyways life is hard I’m not going to pretend I know what he at he has went through. You either choose to do right or wrong and I believe in giving kids chances. When you get outside in the real world they don’t care what you have been through. The world will chew you up and spit you out. Only you can decide what’s right and wrong. No one can do it for you 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Blitzes with cornerback ?  Anyways life is hard I’m not going to pretend I know what he at he has went through. You either choose to do right or wrong and I believe in giving kids chances. When you get outside in the real world they don’t care what you have been through. The world will chew you up and spit you out. Only you can decide what’s right and wrong. No one can do it for you 

Surprisingly they have ran cornerback blitzes but not often. I get what you’re saying that life is hard but this is a 16 yr old kid that’s lost 2 of the most important people in his life including the person that’s raised him since he was a kid. 

17 minutes ago, City223 said:

Tell yourself whatever you want if it makes you feel better. It's the truth, no shade. He's talented no doubt but it only gets you so far. I wish him the best, I really hope he gets it together. Having adversity in your life isn't a free pass and it doesn't mean you get things handed to you. 1 worked in the offseason, he deserves to be RB1. I know exactly what the kids been through, and I know exactly what he's done too.