Dobyns-Bennett 2022-2023 Early Outlook

TribalEmpire

2 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

I remember watching him play at DB. Great athlete. He seems like an OK guy. Just seems like he enjoys throwing shade at his alma mater and hometown. I’ve seen him make a lot of positive comments about Elizabethton, Greenville, even Science Hill. You’d think he’d have some good things to say about DB but it doesn’t look that way.

I follow his Facebook page. I haven't seen him say anything about DB that's not true. And he has said some good things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TennesseeBuffalo said:

Sensabaugh is an idiot.  He just taps into people's anger by playing into the idea that everyone is a victim.  He doesn't have a clue about most non-football things.  Most people who have met him realize he's a joke.  

You seem to have a lot of built-up anger.  Must have taken your girlfriend. 

43 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

DB hammered by Karns? What’s going on? Karns is usually a decent team, but that score surprised me.

I didn't follow that game last night but I kinda' expected it wouldn't go well for DB. Seems to be a lot going against them right now. Top scorer is out with a broken hand, probably best player on the team was suspended for a few games, and I'm wondering if there isn't some rift of some kind among the players. Not saying there is but something seems off. Add in that DB doesn't even have a home court this year. I don't think anybody was expecting DB to repeat as state champions this year but they've dropped off a lot more than I was expecting. The teams they've lost to are good, but not great. 

21 minutes ago, TennesseeBuffalo said:

No.  Just pointing out the obvious that too many people are afraid to say.  I notice you parrot a lot of what he says though.  

Come on..... Nothing you said in that post is "obvious". Other than it being obvious you have some kind of personal problem with him.  Looks to me like he's been pretty successful in life. Hard to believe an "idiot" could pull off what he has done. Maybe you could point out some of those "Parrot" post I've made that are not true. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I didn't follow that game last night but I kinda' expected it wouldn't go well for DB. Seems to be a lot going against them right now. Top scorer is out with a broken hand, probably best player on the team was suspended for a few games, and I'm wondering if there isn't some rift of some kind among the players. Not saying there is but something seems off. Add in that DB doesn't even have a home court this year. I don't think anybody was expecting DB to repeat as state champions this year but they've dropped off a lot more than I was expecting. The teams they've lost to are good, but not great. 

Well if you have guys of that caliber out, it’s definitely gonna affect things. I’m sure things will start to improve as the season goes along and those guys come back.

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Well if you have guys of that caliber out, it’s definitely gonna affect things. I’m sure things will start to improve as the season goes along and those guys come back.

The Indians only have one player out. Their best player, Gillespie, has been back for the past few games. I’ll give them the loss to Karns because Karns is a good team. I won’t excuse the losses to TN High and Volunteer. I can’t say that there’s any kind of rift on the team but something does seem off. 

Edited by WBNC83

5 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

The Indians only have one player out. Their best player, Gillespie, has been back for the past few games. I’ll give them the loss to Karns because Karns is a good team. I won’t excuse the losses to TN High and Volunteer. I can’t say that there’s any kind of rift on the team but something does seem off. 

Yeah, it could be Karns is really good this season, which worries me since they’re in our (OR) district.

I was at the game Friday night and sorry I didn't post this sooner...

Friday night was by far our best effort of the season I've seen (didn't see the games in Florida) even though the score doesn't show it.

The boys played hard and Karns played to our style of play with the fast tempo shoot out style.  Gillespie can't throw it in the ocean right now.  Karns will be a factor to get to the Boro in March.  Faulkner is a heck of a player for them.  And the guy in the middle (#11, can't remember his name) is a huge factor for them as well.  

As long as we can get it together for district play, that's really all that matters in the end, although Boone looks pretty stout with Livingston in their lineup.  Not sure if I will go to the two games in Asheville this weekend or stay home and watch the girls at Roundball in the Hall.

Decided to make the trip over to Asheville Friday and Saturday to watch the boys.  Split the two games over there winning Friday against Northern Guilford and losing against A.C. Reynolds on Saturday.

Friday night we shot the ball well against a team who really only had one great player.  Saturday we played a team who didn't have a great player but had a lineup full of decent sized guys who we couldn't get no inside penetration on and were reduced to having to shoot threes most all night which weren't falling.  

We could realistically have 10 losses going into January.  This week we have Greeneville on the road and the return date with Volunteer as the first home game at the "Tribe Athletic Complex" formerly known as Sullivan North.  Next week is the Alpha tournament where our opening game is against a very good Breathitt County team and two more in the same tournament and then week after that is the Arby's.