Enrollment List completed

Indian

6 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Don't forget the video that was sent out a few weeks ago. The new method that they are considering is no team playing more than double their enrollment. If that is the case the highest enrollment is 2,827 so the cut offs would be

6A -2,827-1,416 

5A -1,415-1,062

4A - 1,061-708

3A - 707-531

2A - 530-354

1A - 0-353

Is this taking out the privates?

4 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Is this taking out the privates?

No, it would change it a little removing the privates but not to much in my opinion. It wouldn't change the higher end classes and if you look at it with the TSSAA pretty much taking every school and not playing double the size it wouldn't change it to much.

Edited by thunderbolts

4 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

Don't forget the video that was sent out a few weeks ago. The new method that they are considering is no team playing more than double their enrollment. If that is the case the highest enrollment is 2,827 so the cut offs would be

6A -2,827-1,416 

5A -1,415-1,062

4A - 1,061-708

3A - 707-531

2A - 530-354

1A - 0-353

6A and 1A would be the same for all sports 4A and 5A combined and 2A and 3A combined from the other sports.

TSSAA punted on that proposal.   

There aren't any "set" cutoffs for DI football playing schools.  Toss out any previous numbers.

This is a total reclassification as I gather.

DI football playing schools will be divided equally (as possible)  across the 6 classes. 

^ that & that alone will determine the "breakpoints" for each class.

If there are 300 football playing schools in DI then there will be 50 per class.   

300÷6 =50

The largest enrollment school in each of the lower 5 classes will determine the enrollment cutoff number for their respective class.  

I believe this will be just a 2 year classification? 

Now all one must do is look at the TSSAA provided list of schools.

Determine which are D1.

Determine which of those are football playing schools.

Divide them into 6 classes evenly. (as possible)

And as pujo would say "wallah" , there you have it.

Schools will be permitted to move up after that list has been compiled.  But that will not affect the "cutoff breaking points."

This is how I understand it.

Anyone else? 

Edited by Southtowner
I can... because I'm the editor

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

There aren't any "set" cutoffs for DI football playing schools.  Toss out any previous numbers.

This is a total reclassification as I gather.

DI football playing schools will be divided equally (as possible)  across the 6 classes. 

^ that & that alone will determine the "breakpoints" for each class.

If there are 300 football playing schools in DI then there will be 50 per class.   

300÷6 =50

The largest enrollment school in each of the lower 5 classes will determine the enrollment cutoff number for their respective class.  

I believe this will be just a 2 year classification? 

Correct on 2 years. There’s 294 football schools currently listed on TSSAA website for this season. 294/50 = 49 per class