The Pitiful State of William Blount Football

GovForce1

This is the worst I've ever seen one of the county programs including the Heritage program a few years back where two or three would quit the team every week until they were down to the last 30 players. I just hope it don't implode and all the boy's just give up and quit. This is a two or three year overhaul but most programs that reach this point can't get through the rebuilding process without coaches, players and fans quitting.

31 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This is the worst I've ever seen one of the county programs including the Heritage program a few years back where two or three would quit the team every week until they were down to the last 30 players. I just hope it don't implode and all the boy's just give up and quit. This is a two or three year overhaul but most programs that reach this point can't get through the rebuilding process without coaches, players and fans quitting.

The problem with this "overhaul" process is they hired a guy who has never won anywhere to lead a losing program. That's not a good recipe for success. Also, that process should include some improvement along the way. This team still can't tackle anyone more than halfway through the season. I can't even stand to watch. It's sad how bad we are. Truly sad.

1 minute ago, GovForce1 said:

Barney, 

Do you realize how disingenuous and insincere you come across? You obviously do not care about WB having success if you want this to continue two more years before pulling the plug. This ain't working and it still won't next year or the year after.

Or last year and the years b4 that. Multiple coaches and it still doesn’t work. That says something.

3 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

Barney, 

Do you realize how disingenuous and insincere you come across? You obviously do not care about WB having success if you want this to continue two more years before pulling the plug. This ain't working and it still won't next year or the year after.

I do know a handful of kids that play there and their families. I know how dejected most are right now and I sure don't want to say anymore to add to the fire to them except encouragement. Now I really do think the Eagleton School had a bigger effect on William Blount than most realize because 50 plus players don't come from thin air.

21 hours ago, GovForce1 said:

The problem with this "overhaul" process is they hired a guy who has never won anywhere to lead a losing program. That's not a good recipe for success. Also, that process should include some improvement along the way. This team still can't tackle anyone more than halfway through the season. I can't even stand to watch. It's sad how bad we are. Truly sad.

How would you like to be us?4 Championship appearances in 5 years last in 19,and they hire a Guy with a horrible coaching record and hardly ANY experience to lead one of the best 1A programs the last 37 years?I feel your pain believe me!I dont know what these people think with.We are a bottom feeder now.We are just playing to make the playoffs now and that in all reality will be very hard as last year.I know I pick at you all but I do feel bad for you.

10 hours ago, orngnblk said:

How would you like to be us?4 Championship appearances in 5 years last in 19,and they hire a Guy with a horrible coaching record and hardly ANY experience to lead one of the best 1A programs the last 37 years?I feel your pain believe me!I dont know what these people think with.We are a bottom feeder now.We are just playing to make the playoffs now and that in all reality will be very hard as last year.I know I pick at you all but I do feel bad for you.

We have a coach who tells the paper that we couldn't compete if we passed the ball. I have literally seen us score on defenses with D1 players when we had pass happy offenses. Um how about Oakland? That's just one of many examples but I think it's the only one needed because their defense is elite.

Edited by GovForce1

Maybe we should have a TSSAA Hall of Shame and induct six new teams a year like the other Hall of fames do. It could go like this. 

1  William Blount Football 2008-2022

2. Friendsville Academy Foxes Nations longest basketball losing streak.

3  Maynardville Red Devils / Union County Pats

4  North Greene famous 100 game losing streak

5  Sunburnt Tigers

6  Jelly-Roll Blue Devils  

There's my ballot Gov, your in good company.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, orngnblk said:

Yes sir your community and kids got a raw deal