The Pitiful State of William Blount Football

GovForce1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:08 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

If everyone can just hang on we'll have two 0-8 teams playing each other next week. I'm still wanting to see WB and Sequoyah play each other and let one of these programs enjoy a win before the uniforms are put up until next season.

But Barn it's gotta be a soul crusher for those poor kids on the losing team.  I clearly see the benefit of allowing one to get a victory, but what's it really worth?  I think you have to balance the negative effect on the losers.  I am not a everybody gets a trophy guy, but I have been part of an 0-10 team before, speaking from experience we needed another game like we needed a hole in the head.  Just take up the gear.  Or how bout this, the loser has to play and beat William Blount to put the final nail in that coffin.  

19 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The T$$AA must be very proud of themselves for sticking with a broken system that some schools will never have a chance to compete in.

I admit, I used to come on here and kick WB when they were down under Shad, but this is different. I'm not sure where WB could compete.  They are just one of the worst teams I've ever seen.  Undoubtedly, the worst 6A team I have ever seen.  Why don't they just petition to play non region games only for a couple years.  They could play Union County and Oliver Springs, Oakdale, Midway, etc.?  Why wouldn't they do that?  They will not be competitive in 4,5, or 6A maybe ever again if it continues down this path.  Better  to be proactive and do something, or they won't have enough to even field a team.  It's a sad harsh reality they're facing. Don't delay the inevitable.  

Edited by oridgecat

2 hours ago, chrisburr said:

William Blount should petition to move down to 4A Seriously

would give them a much better chance

Can only move down one class. So they would be in 5a at best  I feel like it would make more sense for oak ridge who has like 4 or 5 less students to play in 6a  and William Blount in 5a

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading the Daily Times while standing in line at Dollar General to buy some cat fud that the new Eagleton School was being funded $988,000 for a new science lab and will delay the new artificial football fields at William Blount and Heritage but hopefully by graduation, that means hopefully period here in Blount County.  Talk about setting the dogs out on the back porch because you don't want the new house guest to see them. You mark Barney's words before it's over both of those schools will end up in the same pot of beans Gibbs High went through this year having to play all their home games at Carson Newman because of a bunch of dilly dallying around.

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I was reading the Daily Times while standing in line at Dollar General to buy some cat fud that the new Eagleton School was being funded $988,000 for a new science lab and will delay the new artificial football fields at William Blount and Heritage but hopefully by graduation, that means hopefully period here in Blount County.  Talk about setting the dogs out on the back porch because you don't want the new house guest to see them. You mark Barney's words before it's over both of those schools will end up in the same pot of beans Gibbs High went through this year having to play all their home games at Carson Newman because of a bunch of dilly dallying around.

I think their middle schools each have fields to play on.