Hampton at GP

harley04

7 hours ago, harley04 said:

PUJO I'M ONE GAME BEHIND YOU, I'VE NOT PICKED YET. BUT IF HAMPTON WINS I;M 2 GAMES DOWN AT LEASE.:mrgreen:  

How do you know I'm picking Hampton, lol.  You look like the Kansas City Chiefs in the film I've watched. Only difference is you have the little scat back thats quick as lightening.

On 10/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, pujo said:

We played the same thing early in the season and struggled hugely in the 1st half, we did some adjustments at the half and it looked like 2 completely different teams, Good that we played that game. Regardless we will have to play at a high level to leave there with a W. 

I hear about the much improved speed of Hampton's DB's vs last year...If that's the case, they should be able to stick the GP receivers and stay with them. Wish we'd had that speed last year at state! I still say we should be able to pull this one out

Okay Dawgs, gather around ole coach blazer and let's have a pep talk.....    Take care of business in this game and you are on your way to a 9-0 meeting with Boone on Oct 27.     Yeah yah, I know you have to take one game at a time but I am blowing past all that and being realistic.... This is it against GP, now don't blow it, nobody takes a play off, nobody gives < 100% on EVERY down, get that win and the rest will take care of itself.    I am pulling hard for you in this one so let's get out there and git-r-done

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Okay Dawgs, gather around ole coach blazer and let's have a pep talk.....    Take care of business in this game and you are on your way to a 9-0 meeting with Boone on Oct 27.     Yeah yah, I know you have to take one game at a time but I am blowing past all that and being realistic.... This is it against GP, now don't blow it, nobody takes a play off, nobody gives < 100% on EVERY down, get that win and the rest will take care of itself.    I am pulling hard for you in this one so let's get out there and git-r-done

Same for you guys Blazer, Has nothing to do with us or what either of our records are, I just love you're program and want to see you guys wear it out.

5 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I hear about the much improved speed of Hampton's DB's vs last year...If that's the case, they should be able to stick the GP receivers and stay with them. Wish we'd had that speed last year at state! I still say we should be able to pull this one out

Its not like we have anyone that can just flat out fly, just about 5 or 6 that can run, biggest difference from last year is these guys have got another year older and can actually make a tackle. We struggled in that area, C had to make away too many tackles. That being said, GP is a dang good team, we could play fairly well and still get beat. 

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Its not like we have anyone that can just flat out fly, just about 5 or 6 that can run, biggest difference from last year is these guys have got another year older and can actually make a tackle. We struggled in that area, C had to make away too many tackles. That being said, GP is a dang good team, we could play fairly well and still get beat. 

What is saw was some speed! Looked shifty and fast to me. That can happen againt any good team, be interesting to see how this one goes 

4 hours ago, pujo said:

We played GP first game this year. GP throws the ball all over the place but they have a really good RB. GP is young. Mainly are juniors and sophomores. They are gonna be tough next year where they bring back most everyone. It’s good to see these good non region games.  

31 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

We played GP first game this year. GP throws the ball all over the place but they have a really good RB. GP is young. Mainly are juniors and sophomores. They are gonna be tough next year where they bring back most everyone. It’s good to see these good non region games.  

It'll be a chore for sure, we'll just give it heck and see what happens. You can't always be the best but you can always give it you're best effort.

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I agree with Pujo when looking at Boone. I hope you all can beat Science Hill, David Crockett and Tennessee High and give it heck in the 5A playoffs!  :thumb:    

Now when we play you all......shew... I'm awfully impressed with Boone's defense. Hopefully both teams get out of that game with no injuries and ready to make a run in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, dogtruth said:

I agree with Pujo when looking at Boone. I hope you all can beat Science Hill, David Crockett and Tennessee High and give it heck in the 5A playoffs!  :thumb:    

Now when we play you all......shew... I'm awfully impressed with Boone's defense. Hopefully both teams get out of that game with no injuries and ready to make a run in the playoffs.

Their offense is starting to click too.  West is not a bad team and they blew them out.  Hampton's d needs a challenge.  Thing is they could hold them under 30 and still lose handily