Mustangs vs Chargers

horse

3 hours ago, Pantherpride45 said:

Just my gut feeling boss I could be wrong and most of the time I am lol 

I think Westview is capable of winning. Just not by that big of a score. If you look at the history of the series most of the games come down to a 1-3 pt spread. Now there have been some years where one team or the other lays a pretty good whoopin on the other.....last year for instance was a 19 pt spread. I just don’t see that being the case this season, especially at Paul Ward Stadium.

Edited by Mustang1969
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hogheaven said:

100% sure westview wins this.   I flipped a coin.   Sry huntindung.  No need to play!   Good luck to both teams.  Hope its a close one!

This game is going to be a battle between 2 very good defenses. Westviews run defense is tough, Huntingdon's plays a very aggressive defense that makes a bunch of stops behind the line of scrimmage. Westview needs to establish some kind of running game to win this game. The Mustang pressure along with an improving and under rated defensive backfield will make it tough if they can lay their ears back! Westview slowed down the Mustangs running attack last year and forced us to throw it on 3rd and long a number of times resulting in interceptions by our freshman QB. I look for the Mustangs to throw the ball more than usual this time to loosen up the Charger run defense. Home field advantage is so big in this contest. Should be a huge and rowdy crowd in Paul Ward stadium Friday night..The strength of this Mustang team has been their consistancy. They have protected the ball which is crucial in this offense and our passing game is very underrated. I like the Mustangs in what should be a close and physical game.

This looks to be a better game for Westview than Union City. If, that's IF you can stop UC's run game and make them one dimensional, they seem rather beatable. Looks like what Westview did. But, how will the Mustangs do it? Is the Mustang QB up to it? He seems to get a lot of good press. I think this is going to be a fantastic game. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Couple of thoughts: 1.  I just don't understand all the intricacies in TSSAA transfer rules anymore.    William Blount had a kid that played the final part of the basketball season with them this year,  that played at Hardin Valley last year, and played football for Bearden this year.  I say that to say, I know the coaches and the AD and the Principal at WB and I will never believe they would do something they knew was wrong.  They are men of character.  I BELIEVE the same thing about the coaches and administration at Maryville.  Call me gullible, but these are men and women of integrity in my experiences with them. 2.  Much like the transfer of the Clemmer kid a couple of years ago, with Smith, the football team is getting a huge boost, but the impact on the basketball team will be just as great or maybe even greater.  With Smith playing post, it frees the Sigmund kid who will be coming back from injury, to play more with his face to the basket.  The Rebels basketball squad in my mind, will be "the program" in East Tennessee next year.
    • Could not agree more. After this year, McKenzie's new coach will have their work cut out for them. Staying in 1A would definitely be a huge plus. Most years there is not much difference in the top 5- 1A and 2A teams across the state, but after the top 5 or so there is normally a huge drop off for 1A. Regular season region play is a lot easier for 1A in West TN  right now.
    • Word is Jason Maxwell will be new AD - he is currently head baseball coach. Also heard Roc might be headed to Pope as an assistant coach.
    • you must not know how tssaa operates lol 
    • I agree. A lot more people are starting to see what is really going on around here and how a certain few board members are abusing their power. Eyes are starting to open.