A individual predictions

Wrestlingfan22

Carson Dupill and  Urohchuks everywhere and anywhere down low.

Colin Dupill at whatever weight class he wants between 145 and 160.

Hunter Mason at whatever weight classes he wants between 138 and 152.

Logan Heckert at 170

Jack Stacey or Briar Whaley at 182

Atwood at 195

Chrisman/Ferrell/Wolfe at 220

Lance Williams at 285

Edited by oceansize42

8 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Logan Heckert at 170

Atwood at 195

Lance Williams at 285

Pretty accurate, Lance Williams is graduating in December and heading up to Virginia Tech. This opens up 285 for somebody like Wolfe to go up and finally get his state title.

9 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Logan Heckert at 170

Atwood at 195

Lance Williams at 285

9ov o

I knew I was bumping him up but I thought he might be about 170sh as he was decent sized 160 last year.  I don't think he beats Heckert so I went ahead and put him at 182 thinking he might want to avoid that matchup.  But if he can make 160 that is a good spot unless Dupill tires of cutting weight and decides to go there, which I doubt as he was 52 last year and doesn't appear to be much bigger right now.  However if he did go 160, nobody is beating him if healthy.

Edited by oceansize42

12 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Man.... you all are leaving off some pretty talented kids from Pigeon Forge (outside of Wolfe). I can name 5 that I'd put up against anybody.

Wrestling tough doesn’t count. A lot of kids can wrestle tough and hang around.   There is no one at PF who won’t get absolutely run over against a couple of those names I laid out.   Does not take away from their accomplishments against others.   My list was just naming who I viewed at the top way early in the season.   Will adjust as season goes along. 

I’m genuinely curious though as who you view remotely competitive against Colin and Hunter.  You said against anyone and that means you think they have a shot at winning.  

Edited by oceansize42

On 9/30/2022 at 11:38 PM, oceansize42 said:

Logan Heckert at 170

Atwood at 195

Lance Williams at 285

These seem pretty spot on to me. It's so hard to predict what weights these guys will be at, but I'll give it a go...

106-Not sure who will even be here

113-JoJo Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn.) over Aiden Wright (Halls)

*I'll take Dupill at 113 if he can make the weight. I would give him a slight edge over JoJo but don't think he would win at 120. 

120-Ethan Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn.) over Carson Dupill (G'ville)

126-Caleb Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn.) over Hunter Johnson (G'ville)

132-Andy Cable (Pigeon Forge) over Dylan Davenport (Sycamore)

138-Grant Hawkinson (Page) over Sam Hutchison (Halls)

145-Brody McLemore (Eagleville) over Wyatt Howard (Pigeon Forge)

*I think McLemore beat him by a pretty convincing margin last year, but Howard is legit, and is good enough to win it this year.

152-Hunter Mason (G'ville) over Luke London (Sycamore)

*I would take Hunter win win every single weight class in Single A this year. And yes, that includes heavyweight. Hunter is the best wrestler to come through TN since Jordan Leen in my opinion.

160-Colin Dupill (G'ville) over Thomas Magness (Harpeth)

170-Logan Heckert (Sycamore) over Briar Whaley (Halls)

*Two things...1) I know we won't get it during the state tournament, but I would love to see Heckert v. Dupill during the season 2) If Heckert goes 182, I bet you'll see Whaley v. Magness in the finals at 170. I heard Heckert was big, but I'm not sure he wants to risk it v. Stacey at 182.

182-Jake Stacey (Green Hill) over the field

195-Kendrick Curtis (Fairview) over Kobe Smith (Red Bank)

*Watch out for Aiden Littles (Pigeon Forge) too

220- Zac Chrisman (G'ville) over Rob Atwood (Trousdale) 

285-Caleb Wolfe (Pigeon Forge) over the field

*Will be interesting to see what weight Atwood goes. I think he's got a better chance against Curtis or Smith at 195 but not sure he can make the weight again. Chrisman is going to be tough to beat. He could win it at 220 or 285 I think.

My top 5 teams going into the year...

Tournament

1. Greeneville

2. Signal Mountain

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Halls

5. Page (Sycamore close #6)

Dual

1. Signal Mountain

2. Pigeon Forge

3. Greeneville

4. Page

5. Halls

G'ville, Signal, and Pigeon Forge are the clear top 3 teams this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see any three of them win either duals or traditional, but I would be very surprised to see a team outside of these three to be a legit contender to win it all.

Signal seems to have the most solid lineup top to bottom, PF right behind them, but it's going to be hard to beat G'ville in a tournament with all of their studs.