South Pittsburg travels to Austin East ( That Stone man vs That Mays Man )

piratetom

9 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

They hurt themselves a lot last night. Both teams had too many penalties. A-E had a few that took them from good down and distance situations putting them into a passing situation and neither team had a chance to throw really. Everytime the QB for either team dropped back someone was in their face. But then A-E dropped 3 sure fire interceptions that could have really helped their cause. But you're definitely right, they looked much better than their record shows.

I missed your moon walk demonstration. 

If we had a decent offensive line we could compete for a state championship, but unfortunately we don't. Glad we have the athletes we do because if not we'd be in serious trouble. I do think with some hard work that we have some young, big guy's coming up who are 9th and 10th graders that could be a good line on both sides of the ball next year. Just my thinking, I'd probably keep a back or two in to throw a block if I played another team like AE who was in our backfield all night. You can line up 4-5 wide but if QB is running for his life it doesn't matter how many you have out there. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:38 AM, rlh said:

I liked the way A-E team played hard and clean.  It seams like they should have a better record than they do.

Well as you seen Friday, once AE gets down 2 TDs, they basically throw in the towel.  AE gotta learn how to KEEP PLAYING no matter what.  Yes, I agree AE should be 5-3 heading into the last 2 games but …..

8 hours ago, Turtle said:

Well as you seen Friday, once AE gets down 2 TDs, they basically throw in the towel.  AE gotta learn how to KEEP PLAYING no matter what.  Yes, I agree AE should be 5-3 heading into the last 2 games but …..

So after getting down 2 TDs they just go into their shell and hide?

shy-scared.gif

48 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Lol its pretty much like that

Also the thing about SP is that like any historically dominant team (on any level) they are winning the mental part of the game even before the game starts. Get down early and the confidence just isn’t there that you will come back because you are playing SP.  Hate them just like I hate Alabama, New England, Maryville, Alcoa, Ohio State. I think you get the point

21 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

Also the thing about SP is that like any historically dominant team (on any level) they are winning the mental part of the game even before the game starts. Get down early and the confidence just isn’t there that you will come back because you are playing SP.  Hate them just like I hate Alabama, New England, Maryville, Alcoa, Ohio State. I think you get the point

Old Pirate says the Pirates normally have a fight to the death mentality. The (New) Captain appears to play fast & furious. The Vol fans should appreciate that. Them dad burn War Eagles sure ain’t got the fight to death mentality. Leastways SP does have a HEEP of T tappers, Help my time, OP been viewing this mess in here & thought it was last year. Way too many grownups bashing 16 year old players! Ifin the skillet slinger had a Youngon playing, it would be seeking out the regular know-it-alls that spew mess. Figure theys been reading too much mess from round the jailhouse. OP would call them out, but recon T folkes knowds whose theys is. Old Pirate having fought in the trenches says the Pirate lineman have fought hard against larger combatants. Obviously SP gots of real stupid fans, a some smart feller knowds a pat of the back & encouragement gets more than constantly bashing. Bottom line stop bashing the youngons, you’d not do it Ifin you had one going to a street fight every play on Game Nights. Act like those young men were yours or provide your name sows the skillet slingers can take the skillet to you! Venom Served

6 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the Pirates normally have a fight to the death mentality. The (New) Captain appears to play fast & furious. The Vol fans should appreciate that. Them dad burn War Eagles sure ain’t got the fight to death mentality. Leastways SP does have a HEEP of T tappers, Help my time, OP been viewing this mess in here & thought it was last year. Way too many grownups bashing 16 year old players! Ifin the skillet slinger had a Youngon playing, it would be seeking out the regular know-it-alls that spew mess. Figure theys been reading too much mess from round the jailhouse. OP would call them out, but recon T folkes knowds whose theys is. Old Pirate having fought in the trenches says the Pirate lineman have fought hard against larger combatants. Obviously SP gots of real stupid fans, a some smart feller knowds a pat of the back & encouragement gets more than constantly bashing. Bottom line stop bashing the youngons, you’d not do it Ifin you had one going to a street fight every play on Game Nights. Act like those young men were yours or provide your name sows the skillet slingers can take the skillet to you! Venom Served

Not sure who you're talking about on here. I haven't seen anyone bash any players.  We have issues up front where we normally have them.  I think that will usually be our achilles heel. 

If I had to guess, I'd say Mo Laundry will be our undoing.  

On 10/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

They did the same thing to my son Kavin Pryor many years ago that’s just how the Southpittsburg pirates are smh.