Mairvul vs. Opun Dait

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

AMA I got what happens to Maryville when they only have Maryville kids

Welp if'un we haid tham Mairvul kidz thait wuz playin' quotabaick fer Furman......Tha Mairvul kid thait iz playin' DB att Appy St...... tha Mairvul kid thait iz playin' WR fer Libertee......and tha Mairvul kid playin' LB fer Air Force thait eye watch beet Navy on tha tee vee Satudee....then'st..........:popcorneater:

My 2 cents - 

We were all hoping QB1 would get better and better as the season progressed. He hasn't.

I think lack of faith in him is affecting the rest of the team. That's a guess, but an educated one.

I'm not sure what the solution is on those.

I hate a 3 man rush in general, but would love to hear the reasons for running it this year. I can usually at least make sense of it even if I don't agree, but I cannot this year.

The streak was going to eventually end. We all knew it would. That it went on as long as it did is amazing.

Hold out for these 8th and 7th graders to become contributors. If they all stick it out it'll be fun.

They are still in control of their own playoff destiny. I wouldn't be making different Thanksgiving morning plans quite yet.

29 minutes ago, Solomon said:

My 2 cents - 

We were all hoping QB1 would get better and better as the season progressed. He hasn't.

I think lack of faith in him is affecting the rest of the team. That's a guess, but an educated one.

I hate a 3 man rush in general, but would love to hear the reasons for running it this year. I can usually at least make sense of it even if I don't agree, but I cannot this year.

The streak was going to eventually end. We all knew it would. That it went on as long as it did is amazing.

Hold out for these 8th and 7th graders to become contributors. If they all stick it out it'll be fun.

They are still in control of their own playoff destiny. I wouldn't be making different Thanksgiving morning plans quite yet.

At 3.30 this afternoon is the biggest chance for this team to come together and figure this mess out. The QB is a great kid that walked into a mess and by all rights this system is like jumping over from an automatic into a 4 speed.  There are two running backs that should be in the same backfield all the time. We have no clear break away receiver so that can hurt any qb. Quit the Three Stooges Signal calling and quit making it so complicated , this isn't college. The three four defense has made all of our returning starters look like pick ups from Heritage and William Blount. I went back 52 years to try and find a defensive backfield that was this bad at Maryville and need to go back another twenty over the course of this week, will keep you all posted.

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

My 2 cents - 

For the record those plans are never made until the ticket is punched. 

3 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Welp if'un we haid tham Mairvul kidz thait wuz playin' quotabaick fer Furman......Tha Mairvul kid thait iz playin' DB att Appy St...... tha Mairvul kid thait iz playin' WR fer Libertee......and tha Mairvul kid playin' LB fer Air Force thait eye watch beet Navy on tha tee vee Satudee....then'st..........:popcorneater:

Or a QB from Halls, a TE from Farragut, miraculous transfers in positions of need. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Or a QB from Halls, a TE from Farragut, miraculous transfers in positions of need. 

Wow's we's goin baick two sumthin vurry vurry kurrint (2004)......Both families wainted goodur garbige servuss and mooved intwo tha Citty ov Mairvul becaws thay wainted thair childern inn a goodur skool sistum....Eye meen eye gess tha coulda paid twoishun two keep tham playin att Hauls and Farrah-Gut and lived inn Mairvul.........:popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Now do Farragut Baseball and Bearden Basketball. C'mon... You can do it... 

This thread isn’t about them. No doubt the recruit as well. You know as well as I do that Maryville has benefitted from many a timely “transfer”. It is what it is, but just admit it. Your WB QB this year still looks like he is at WB

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

This thread isn’t about them. No doubt the recruit as well. You know as well as I do that Maryville has benefitted from many a timely “transfer”. It is what it is, but just admit it. Your WB QB this year still looks like he is at WB

What you don't understand is that they came to us, we didn't go to them. I've been fortunate enough to meet some of those families and hear why they came here and so have a few of the rest of us. Still good friends with most of them to this day. My bet on the one who came from WB was that they were changing offense to a double wing formation and had their doubts on the new hire for coach. Some people in life have those options and others have to stay put and play where their supposed to go or not play at all.

19 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

At 3.30 this afternoon is the biggest chance for this team to come together and figure this mess out. The QB is a great kid that walked into a mess and by all rights this system is like jumping over from an automatic into a 4 speed.  There are two running backs that should be in the same backfield all the time. We have no clear break away receiver so that can hurt any qb. Quit the Three Stooges Signal calling and quit making it so complicated , this isn't college. The three four defense has made all of our returning starters look like pick ups from Heritage and William Blount. I went back 52 years to try and find a defensive backfield that was this bad at Maryville and need to go back another twenty over the course of this week, will keep you all posted.

IMO, the "Three Stooges" is merely a one-year thing - a transition from the current OC to a new one next season.