East Robertson Injuns come to the rockpile

Mr. Postman1

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Read the real rule though hoss. Next season I’m already signed up to be a ref! There will be no Jersey pulling on my field! I promise. I was an offensive guard from my 7th grade year until senior year. We were taught the real rules of blocking and lived by them. Taught to block on the hip or lower on the line of scrimmage with a blocking surface. Allowing holding gives an unfair advantage to the larger lineman. I weighed 145 pound and 5’8 and blocked 300 pounders regularly on the line using the knowledge handed down by now principal Ricky duffer that played as an undersized lineman at Cumberland that just had reintroduced their football program and utilized the wingt. 

so your saying your gonna be a bad ref hoss?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dog13 said:

Flag on every play.

Yep! If a ref doesn’t call the right calls from the rule book no one will stop breaking the rules. Coaches I’m sure teach to hold until it’s called so if you call enforcing the proper rules being a bad ref so be it I guess but that sounds somewhat stupid to me

The old “you know how to stop holding BS” causes things  like our #58 from getting ejected. I get tired of hearing parents saying you know how to stop the holding BS! What your practicing allows the refs to call a hold on everyplay or maybe not call a hold. It leaves room for the opportunity to cheat. Call it right and it will stop the hand fighting to stop holds. It’s simple and common sense. I bet you want have to call holding much after you enforce it several times in a row on the same player that is coached wrong. 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

Also something I find interesting is blocking low on the line of scrimmage is considered illegal now. Read the rule book bud. Everything BUT holding and grabbing face mask is legal on the line of scrimmage. So a little feller has a huge advantage if he knows how to use it. It’s all legal to. It amazes me the knowledge we have lost of the actual rule book when it comes to blocking these days. Even coaches it seems need to go back and read the actual rules of blocking in football after talking to several

1 minute ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Also something I find interesting is blocking low on the line of scrimmage is considered illegal now. Read the rule book bud. Everything BUT holding and grabbing face mask is legal on the line of scrimmage. So a little feller has a huge advantage if he knows how to use it. It’s all legal to. It amazes me the knowledge we have lost of the actual rule book when it comes to blocking these days. Even coaches it seems need to go back and read the actual rules of blocking in football after talking to several

no wonder you got arrested up in makin

you dont know win to shut youre trap