Red Bank travels to fayetteville

City223

sorry, not next Friday due to Fall break, but week after next.  Gives the Tigers time to heal some banged up players and get back to full strength.  Looks like it will be the game of the week like 'Kenzie and Dresden.  Here's hoping the boys use the downtime to film study and get mentally prepared.  The Cornersville win was fine, but lots of sloppy mental errors/penalties.  To beat a class team, we have to keep our heads for the full four quarters.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:15 AM, Southtowner said:

Need xtree smoked bologna for this one. 

I will make the Powers that Be aware of that request!  Reading some of the different threads, seems like there will be a lot of outside interests attending this one.  Glad you're coming back to the Hill for good football and food.  We hope to have a full house, although not sure how well RB fans will travel to what they think will be a repeat of last year against our poor, ole little 1 A team.  I didn't think it was possible, but the SmoBolo seems to be getting better, like our offense.  But, it's also thick, filling, and satisfying--like watching our defensive line and linebackers. 

I had one before our game Friday night, and if it wasn't for the three hot dogs I also got, would have returned all the way for another.  Like KJ's 55 yard punt return for the score.  Eating that Bologna sandwich was more entertaining than watching the Cornersville special team's center snap the ball over the punter's head.  Multiple times.  Cornersville special teams.  Whew.  That's an area they can work on for the future.  

Think I will bring my own slice of cheese for the next one(s) I get though.  Just to jazz it up a little.  And hot sauce.  Hot like our defense getting a pick-six in two of our three last games.  Don't wait until halftime so you can enjoy. 

They also added Fried Oreos to the repertoire that were better than what you get at the county fair, and set up a speed-booth outside for burgers or dogs only.  How appropriate!

54 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I think Fayetteville will want Payback for last year, but still hope red bank can upset them at home. I'm by no means a red bank fan, but rooting for them merely due to proximity.

I don’t think either team winning will be an upset. If anything fayetteville winning would be

17 minutes ago, City223 said:

I don’t think either team winning will be an upset. If anything fayetteville winning would be

I could see it being considered an upset in both eyes. Fayetteville- bc redbank is bigger and beat them past year

Red Bank- Fayetteville is at home and have won a state championship recently

Good last test b4 the playoffs. Playing a team in red bank whose faster and has good size only benefits City moving forward. Struggled on the road last yr expect a much better performance. Pulling for the Tigers but this won’t be no easy task big time 4a team that could be playing right at home come December