Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

7 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Really hoping for a good game, like I said prior to the season beginning I’d like a chance to play Springfield, seems like more of a possibility now. Long way to go.

the Jackets of the 2nd half of the HC game are potent and fun to watch.  I would like to see your RB #7 in a game.  That kid is going to play on Saturdays someday 

16 hours ago, eers said:

Not going to make excuses about the Farragut game, Beech just didn’t play well. You’re right, 1 of 3-5 plays and that’s a win, but it wasn’t. That said, if Beech and Farragut played again right now, Beech wins by 3 TDs. 

Very Rich thinking Beech is 3TD's better than Farragut right now looking at who each team has played.  Farragut's two losses have been to Knox West (Favorite to win 5a) and Maryville.  If you can't beat a 1-6 Summit team by 3TD's i don't see you beating Farragut by 3 TD's especially when you couldn't stop Farragut in Beeches only loss to them. Farragut has lost by three TD's to one team this year and that was Knox West who looks like the best team in the East in all Public Schools no matter the classification after knocking off Alcoa at Alcoa 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Swipes

On 10/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, eers said:

This is a bit absurd. Beech could very likely be a semifinal team in 6A. Lol

In 5A maybe, but this is 6A

Remember both of their state titles were in 5A

Also the last time they were 6A they did not do so well thats why they moved down

Cane Ridge would smoke them like they did when both were in 5A together

Overton would beat them as would McGavock

Even Smyrna is better even though Smyrna has lost in the first rund last several years

Beech will be lucky to get to the Second Round

Quarterfinals would be the absolute Ceiling before Cane Ridge tears them apart again

16 minutes ago, chrisburr said:

In 5A maybe, but this is 6A

Remember both of their state titles were in 5A

Also the last time they were 6A they did not do so well thats why they moved down

Cane Ridge would smoke them like they did when both were in 5A together

Overton would beat them as would McGavock

Even Smyrna is better even though Smyrna has lost in the first rund last several years

Beech will be lucky to get to the Second Round

Quarterfinals would be the absolute Ceiling before Cane Ridge tears them apart again

This is the second year for Beech in 6A. Last year region 5 swept region region. Not saying it will happen again, but let’s not pretend you have a clue what you’re talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, eers said:

This is the second year for Beech in 6A. Last year region 5 swept region region. Not saying it will happen again, but let’s not pretend you have a clue what you’re talking about. 

He doesn’t but it wasn’t worth addressing. 

Cane Ridge went out early last year. I believe 1st round against Clarksville. 

We have already played Smyrna this year as we do every year 

We were in the quarterfinals last year against Summit.

I do believe we are set up to make a run.

Are we gonna make it, who knows but I believe we have as good a shot as anyone. 
Can we win it, that would be a stretch. 

For the record I think we have competed well the last 2 years in 6a considering we are one of the very smallest schools in 6a. 

On 10/1/2022 at 4:41 PM, eers said:

Not going to make excuses about the Farragut game, Beech just didn’t play well. You’re right, 1 of 3-5 plays and that’s a win, but it wasn’t. That said, if Beech and Farragut played again right now, Beech wins by 3 TDs. 

Interesting take. How do you suppose you beat Farragut by 3tds? I believe they, too, have gotten better as the season has moved along.

Your down right crazy if you don't think the Jackets will be coming to Shackle Island looking for a win!

Also your smoking crack if you think Overton or McGavock could beat this Beech team. It's actually comical.

If im the Jackets I'm coming out and throwing it all around the park!!!

If we try and make this a running contest we will be on the wrong end of a whooping. 

38 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Your down right crazy if you don't think the Jackets will be coming to Shackle Island looking for a win!

Also your smoking crack if you think Overton or McGavock could beat this Beech team. It's actually comical.

If we try and make this a running contest we will be on the wrong end of a whooping. 

Yes! Go 4 or 5 wide and let er rip. Bring some jet sweep and fake it. Run some up the middle but call it like your already behind couple scores imo. Too many weapons 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Interesting take. How do you suppose you beat Farragut by 3tds? I believe they, too, have gotten better as the season has moved along.

I think Beech was the better team that night, but frankly gave the game away. They have settled in and are playing much better football. I don’t think it should have been close that night, much less a loss. Not ripping on Farragut, just think Beech is better. 

5 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

I agree that it will be ugly if they try to go toe to toe and play “Beech football”. If Springfield doesn’t get some quick scores and a couple good breaks, I don’t think they can win.