Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

Just now, eers said:

But I did pick the winner  lol

And are we really to believe down 14-0 you weren’t a little concerned? I mean, I know I would be.

I just think differently, let's just say I'm far from a realist, l always believe we have a shot, the game went how I thought, close with either team having a chance to win at the end...

24 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I just think differently, let's just say I'm far from a realist, l always believe we have a shot, the game went how I thought, close with either team having a chance to win at the end...

It’s not that I didn’t/don’t think you have a shot, but I guess I tend to be a realist and go with what I believe in my head, not always what I would want in my heart. I really think this could be a 31-14 game. 17-7 first half and 14-7 second half kind of game. I will say this with absolute certainty, it will be a struggle for Springfield to win if they spot Beech 14.  

12 minutes ago, eers said:

It’s not that I didn’t/don’t think you have a shot, but I guess I tend to be a realist and go with what I believe in my head, not always what I would want in my heart. I really think this could be a 31-14 game. 17-7 first half and 14-7 second half kind of game. I will say this with absolute certainty, it will be a struggle for Springfield to win if they spot Beech 14.  

Oh yeah, I agree with that for sure...

17 minutes ago, eers said:

True words

For those that are saying Springfield won’t get past Munford, well, we heard the same about Memphis Central last year when they came to Springfield for round 2. It was a boat race. This is really convo for another thread, but the 5A Memphis teams in the past don’t seemed to have played competitive teams like there are in Middle TN. 
Granted, Munford may be the best team in the state but I haven’t seen them. We will have to wait and see, and hopefully Springfield finishes at least second in the region and gets a shot at them in round two this year. 

Speaking on last week the Jackets *As i predicted all week and got bashed* couldnt run past Henry db's ALL NIGHT LONG!

The Jackets out rushed Henry and won the turnover battle, take away that big throw on the first possession when our backup safety was in because #7 had yet to enter the game, Henry really did nothing to wow you. 

Jackets just killed themselves in the first half. Henry as always a Good discipline football team that i pray we see again! I've seen a few Munford games... They can't keep up....... <_<

On the subject of Beech.... Crenshaw killed them last year with his legs and we did very little passing in the game which kept the game close 14-0 when it could have easily been more before Beech coaches realized they could just power I it down our throat.

If the Jackets can manage the Henry rushing attack behind that wall of a OL, they can very well manage against this bunch. Jackets have to start fast, spread the ball around to our athletes and don't make stupid turnovers and the result leaving Hendersonville Friday night may surprise you all........

Edited by ilovethegame
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

For those that are saying Springfield won’t get past Munford, well, we heard the same about Memphis Central last year when they came to Springfield for round 2. It was a boat race. This is really convo for another thread, but the 5A Memphis teams in the past don’t seemed to have played competitive teams like there are in Middle TN. 
Granted, Munford may be the best team in the state but I haven’t seen them. We will have to wait and see, and hopefully Springfield finishes at least second in the region and gets a shot at them in round two this year. 

First game film isn’t really the best example going into week 8 but this is Munford win over Covington

20 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Speaking on last week the Jackets *As i predicted all week and got bashed* couldnt run past Henry db's ALL NIGHT LONG!

The Jackets out rushed Henry and won the turnover battle, take away that big throw on the first possession when our backup safety was in because #7 had yet to enter the game, Henry really did nothing to wow you. 

Jackets just killed themselves in the first half. Henry as always a Good discipline football team that i pray we see again! I've seen a few Munford games... They can't keep up....... <_<

On the subject of Beech.... Crenshaw killed them last year with his legs and we did very little passing in the game which kept the game close 14-0 when it could have easily been more before Beech coaches realized they could just power I it down our throat.

If the Jackets can manage the Henry rushing attack behind that wall of a OL, they can very well manage against this bunch. Jackets have to start fast, spread the ball around to our athletes and don't make stupid turnovers and the result leaving Hendersonville Friday night may surprise you all........

It’s just too hard to give HC much credit? I have yet to see anyone mention the phantom pass interference call that kept the game tying drive on third and very long going.  Maybe we can be on Springfield’s level if another match up happens. 

10 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

It’s just too hard to give HC much credit? I have yet to see anyone mention the phantom pass interference call that kept the game tying drive on third and very long going.  Maybe we can be on Springfield’s level if another match up happens. 

I gave you guys credit..... but your passing defense got exposed BAD and now everyone knows your weakness... which i saw in film prior to the game. I like your QB and OL but outside of that there's nothing......

If you would like to talk about calls and if's #3 for springfield dropped 2 INT that led to Henry touchdowns...... And 76 holds everyplay..... And we had a touchdown and big punt return called back due to the smallest calls... You have a good team as always, everyone knows that, but this isn't the 2012 patriots, you have weaknesses and they were exposed. You got the win but you were exposed. When your corner and DB look at each other and shake their heads they know they're in trouble. 

YOU WON THE GAME AND REGION YOU DON'T NEED A PAT ON THE BACK.........

31 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

Don’t hold your breath