McEwen @ Dresden, Oct.7

HevyReturns

By the time Mcewen played Dresden last year they had lost so many players to injury they had to play Tommy Wills at QB and had zero depth. Mcewen had a lot of seniors come back that hasn’t played in a few years and probably the best Freshman and sophomore class I’ve seen in Mcewen. Mcewen struggled against Camdens pass without Tommy Wills at safety. I think Mcewen will be a better game than last year. They have a lot of size and better team speed than I have seen in years. I still think beating Dresden at their house will be a very big task. 

^^^ I’m liking these predictions, of course. (well duh me. right?) .. But one never knows how the psyche will twist. Will Dresden be too wounded & depressed? Self-doubting? Or get mad & fired up, more determined than ever? < Man I sure hope so!! >  ..

Will the Warriors have a moment like happened in that Rocky movie against that Russian?.. See.. he bleeds! He’s only a human! And now they see that Dresden can be whooped, & whooped soundly & thoroughly at that, & that fact will inspire them to play way above themselves? Gleason has played Dresden really, really tough in past years when we were the obvious favs, but we had to have miracle plays to pull out a win. Them Bulldogs often “play-up” to us Lions in our rivalry.. will a healthy & motivated McEwen  do the same? < Man I hope not! > 

This will be a telling & revealing game to see how Dresden bounces back. Westview has recovered from their two straight losses to start the season and pulled off 5 straight wins, getting up off of the mat like they ain’t done yet! Can’t erase them from the equation yet, can you?  Mehopes & methinks our Lions will do some of this too.. it’s comeback-kids time for us as well! Yeah.. that’s it! That’s the storyline I like!

<< whoa.. how about THIS for a wild dream?!?.. Both 1A & 2A champs this year come from Weakley County? Neighboring towns of Dresden & Martin bringing back the Gold!! Whoop whoop! Oh yes!! 
  So now I’m in my happy place of lalaland & delirium dreaming thanks to a head-injury & high fever, right? That’s what your thinking.. I know.. I can discern what’s in y’all’s noggins. Head injuries with encephalitis & scarlet fever helps me have these awesome thoughts! I get it. Both of “us” proven beatable & not good-enough teams winning the gold?!? From same county? :roflol: HaHaHaaaHaaaaaa! ROFLMHO! :roflolk: Yeah, …. right!  But what will all the naysaying negative no-no-ers   think were it To happen!?!?!! 
For me it’ll be AWESOME to see! And you heard it here first. .. just sayin.. ya know.. just sayin’ !!! :flower:

Edited by HevyReturns
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Agree and especially if Wills is healthy!

Tommy looked the healthiest I’ve seen him all year Friday night. Zero Limp and was cutting on it. Marcus Carter will be the fastest player on the field Friday night. He’s makes it hard on teams to key on Tommy. Shame he waited to his senior year to play. Mcewen had 8 starters out last year and no depth. This won’t be a cake walk for Dresden like they think. Mcewen eats a ton of clock with their offense