East Nashville

East Nashville is on a revenge tour and smacking everybody in their way. Besides the lil hiccup against Hillsboro EN as looked pretty darn good. Blowing out every team but Hillsboro. Have paid back 3 of the 5 teams they lost to last year and have beat all 3 pretty easily (Father Ryan, Independence, & Green Hill). Their 7-0 with Maplewood? Riverdale, & Smith County left. EN is looking like the real deal and I don’t see anybody on the west half of the bracket giving them a challenge. The big question is can they beat Alcoa. Will be a difficult task at hand but the way them boys are looking it will be a really good game with EN having some kind of chance. 

Edited by 0000
  • Upvote 1

Well, Covington is still a factor in 3A. Covington has played Pearl Cohn a couple of times, but has never met  East Nashville.

I don’t know anything about this year’s East Nashville ream, but it’s a little early to be booking your reservations for the state championship game.

Covington will be looking forward to the playoffs soon. Maybe we could give you a game. We played Alcoa close enough the last time we played them for the Gold Ball that Alcoa had to score in the last 2 minutes to win by 7. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

41 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, Covington is still a factor in 3A. Covington has played Pearl Cohn a couple of times, but has never met  East Nashville.

I don’t know anything about this year’s East Nashville ream, but it’s a little early to be booking your reservations for the state championship game.

Covington will be looking forward to the playoffs soon. Maybe we could give you a game. We played Alcoa close enough the last time we played them for the Gold Ball that Alcoa had to score in the last 2 minutes to win by 7. 

We never got to play East Nashville because Pearl would knock them off before the simi final round. I was at the game last year when Dyersburg played them. They had a solid team. I’m sure they have one this year as well. I’m with you it is early to be talking about a simi final game. One game at a time. I hope the Chargers get to host the simi final this year! 

Go Chargers! 

33 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

We never got to play East Nashville because Pearl would knock them off before the simi final round. I was at the game last year when Dyersburg played them. They had a solid team. I’m sure they have one this year as well. I’m with you it is early to be talking about a simi final game. One game at a time. I hope the Chargers get to host the simi final this year! 

Go Chargers! 

Well, Covington played in the Semi-finals at PC in 2017 and 2019 (we won one and lost one), then hosting Stratford in the Semi-finals (and winning). in 2018. In 2020, we lost a Covid forfeit to Milan to get knocked out of  the playoffs. In 2021, Dyersburg beat us and played EN.

So, it appears that in even-numbered years like 2022, Covington could host a Semi-final if we advance that far.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

38 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Go Chargers! 

This years team is better than last year as team. Their defense is giving up 9 points a game with 0 100 yard rushers I believe. EN RB this year is better than last years. #2 & #3 passing connection is looking like the real deal. Y’all say it’s to early but to be honest I don’t aeee anybody on the west stopping EN. Covington only played 1 good team and lost. 

Edited by 0000

10 minutes ago, 0000 said:

This years team is better than last year as team. Their defense is giving up 9 points a game with 0 100 yard rushers I believe. EN RB this year is better than last years. #2 & #3 passing connection is looking like the real deal. Y’all say it’s to early but to be honest I don’t aeee anybody on the west stopping EN. 

Nothing wrong with being confident. The pass really hurt Dyersburg last year when you all played. The little running back was good too. Hopefully the matchup will happen. I just hope the Chargers can make it that far. IF it does happen I hope you guys bring a crowd from Nashville so I can hear you all say “OUT EAST”! I think that’s what I was hearing. -Stratford didn’t bring a big crowd.

Edited by fanoffootball2013

17 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Let’s be real charging nobody runs that offense in East TN and you barely see it in the middle. I’ve seen you guys play multiple times and yalI do have some athletes and play sound ball. I can guarantee that we’re coming out of middle Tennessee. See you in covington and we’re bringing 0ut East with us.