Pretty solid job for a "little league coach"

HTV

On 10/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, HTV said:

So, Josh Jones' Bearden Bulldogs host previously undefeated and top 5 ranked Bradley Central last night and win.  

But the haters claimed that he was in over his head early on at this forum.  

That entire staff has done a good job with that program thus far, to the chagrin of the haters.  Don't think many people saw them being 5-2 with that caliber of a win at this point.  

I think CJJ and company are doing a FINE job..

• Upvote 1

Seems like it might be worth noting that Bradley has lost its big inside linebacker, was without its star running back, and was playing its 3rd or 4th QB this season. I don't know if Bradley warrants a no. 5 ranking with its starting QB, RB and LB, but without them . . . .

And I don't buy that everyone is recruiting. Players will certainly talk to one another, but to say that all coaches are actively involved is slanderous. I believe many, if not most, coaches still have integrity.

11 hours ago, Cletus said:

Seems like it might be worth noting that Bradley has lost its big inside linebacker, was without its star running back, and was playing its 3rd or 4th QB this season. I don't know if Bradley warrants a no. 5 ranking with its starting QB, RB and LB, but without them . . . .

And I don't buy that everyone is recruiting. Players will certainly talk to one another, but to say that all coaches are actively involved is slanderous. I believe many, if not most, coaches still have integrity.

Not sure what region you represent, but it's always open season in Knox County.

10 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Not sure what region you represent, but it's always open season in Knox County.

Yep, just because a coach isn't personally actively recruiting doesn't mean they don't have individuals (parents) going out in to the surrounding communities and areas trying to bring kids in. 

And to clarify, I am not saying that every coach is breaking rules all the time.  But there are a lot of "handlers" out there who are acting as intermediaries and are no strangers to at least one person involved with a given program.  And like I said, there are grey areas and margins being played every day pretty much everywhere.  If one doesn't understand that, you are lying to yourself.  Third parties will always be involved as a way to deny involvement should accusations be made.  

And I have said before that I am all for school choice for parents.  Parents should have input in who their kids are being coached, taught, instructed in extracurricular activities by.  

Rorschach’s Journal October 6th, 2022

Men hiding behind screen names make baseless claims to support own worldview. Only when all the aging bloated morons see the accumulated filth that surrounds them will they realize how wrong they are. Small people with surface level conservative affectations. In time I will show them. Multiple posters sit in other teams dugout. Must remember to investigate further. Never compromise. 

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

Rorschach’s Journal October 6th, 2022

Men hiding behind screen names make baseless claims to support own worldview. Only when all the aging bloated morons see the accumulated filth that surrounds them will they realize how wrong they are. Small people with surface level conservative affectations. In time I will show them. Multiple posters sit in other teams dugout. Must remember to investigate further. Never compromise. 

I don't hide behind a screen name.  My identity has never been a secret here.  

And I stand behind what I say.  But continue to delude yourself if it makes you feel better.  

• Upvote 1

As a coach, whether you’re orchestrating or signing off on things with plausible deniability in mind, you’re fully aware that what you’re part of — and hoping to benefit from — is beyond gray. 

While I believe there are plenty of programs that aren’t soliciting players outside their zone, were it as widespread as you guys seem convinced it is, it would at some point be the ruination of the foundation of high school sports in terms of (a) what the experience/goal for the young person should be, (b) any semblance of competitive balance, and (c) the ethics and standards being hypocritically  espoused by these so called coaches. 

I’m not for participation trophies, but especially at the high school level it’s about community and working to win the right way, not winning at all costs. If you’re ok with the latter perverse mindset, Tennessee might as well go back to a single division because at the root you’re no different than the privates.

32 minutes ago, Cletus said:

As a coach, whether you’re orchestrating or signing off on things with plausible deniability in mind, you’re fully aware that what you’re part of — and hoping to benefit from — is beyond gray. 

While I believe there are plenty of programs that aren’t soliciting players outside their zone, were it as widespread as you guys seem convinced it is, it would at some point be the ruination of the foundation of high school sports in terms of (a) what the experience/goal for the young person should be, (b) any semblance of competitive balance, and (c) the ethics and standards being hypocritically  espoused by these so called coaches. 

I’m not for participation trophies, but especially at the high school level it’s about community and working to win the right way, not winning at all costs. If you’re ok with the latter perverse mindset, Tennessee might as well go back to a single division because at the root you’re no different than the privates.

Great post.

17 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

People act like most public high school coaches are that much better than little league coaches. They aren't, and when they are, they end up going to a private school and/or a college. 

This is laughable and a sorry attempt at being a troll

11 hours ago, Cletus said:

If parents and players want to explore their options or find the right fit/opportunity for their child, then why would you want to stop that?  If a family follows the rules to get their kid a transfer then I have no problem with it.  That is just part of it. I am all for community and doing things the right way.  If there is actual evidence of "cheating" sent to TSSAA, then they will do something about it, but the onus is on the plaintiff to prove the "cheating". 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cletus said:

In a perfect world you are correct.  

But with social media and the pressure coaches have in this day to win big, and win big now, that's not reality.