Greeneville Football at Oak Ridge

noonesfool

6 hours ago, FormerMav said:

Greenville will put a running clock on OR in the 2nd half. That's my prediction.  Not trolling  I think they're just that much better.  

Ridiculous. This game will be competitive...OR might not win...but they might!  OR will have more speed and athletic ability and Greenville will have a big edge up front...we'll see how it plays out.

No doubt at this point in the season, Greeneville has the better record and is the better team. Schedule wise, Oak Ridge has played a tougher schedule mostly without a bunch of key starters. Most were back last week against Pal except Rogers, who is a very athletic type game breaker, who can go to the football and make plays in the defensive secondary, where Pal got most of their points last Friday.  Not sure if he will be back for Greeneville, and OR has a short week to get ready for a key Region game on Packervision against Karns on the following Thursday, so he may not play this Friday,  SO, I look for this to be a pretty good game, OR is a team that looks to be a click off from being a very good team, and if they put all the pieces together they might can beat anybody, To win, OR must eliminate the turnovers, penalties (especially delay of games) and execute on offense. I think the defense can keep them in any game up to a certain point, last week 10-7 Pal at halftime, but the offense has to do more to score and keep the defense off the field. Greeneville wins, but not a blowout, more like 28-14, and if the Wildcats get a break or two they might get the upset. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I can't quite remember his username, but if it's the guy I'm thinking about, he had some serious health issues. He used to make some high quality videos of the team as well. Perhaps the other Greeneville regulars can weigh in on this. 

Devilman is who MJG is probably referring to?  BVD which is short for BigVolDaddy, is the one who made some videos in the past for the Greene Devil football team.  I hope to see some new videos coming from BVD for the post season.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:05 PM, 92Dragon said:

All Oak Ridge needs to do is get back all their injured players and they'll make a Championship run! 

But this week Greeneville wins. 

I actually believed this plus experience OR would have a good playoff run early on. Most our guys are back and we're no better than the first week. I've never seen OR play like they are, self destruction mode.

Here's a stat line that is hard to achieve.

Against Farragut, OR had more rushing and passing yards and got beat 24-0. I don't even know how   you can manage that, but, OR did that. It's the weirdest team I've ever seen in this respect and it hasn't gotten any better.

1 hour ago, ipb7 said:

I actually believed this plus experience OR would have a good playoff run early on. Most our guys are back and we're no better than the first week. I've never seen OR play like they are, self destruction mode.

Here's a stat line that is hard to achieve.

Against Farragut, OR had more rushing and passing yards and got beat 24-0. I don't even know how   you can manage that, but, OR did that. It's the weirdest team I've ever seen in this respect and it hasn't gotten any better.

It was odd, for sure.

2 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Unfortunately, this one gets ugly. Too many injuries for the Cats. I don’t even know how they field a team right now.

I told you a few days ago we’ve been playing the JV. I thought that we would finally play the starters against Powell, but the staff has decided to bring them back for the Karns game. Why, I don’t know??? It’ll be great experience for the JV against a team the quality of Greeneville though.