Greeneville Football at Oak Ridge

noonesfool

2 hours ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Green devils big.

Scheduling Greeneville for a home and home in week 8 could just be the dumbest scheduling move in the history of scheduling.  Just sayin'  And before somebody bashes Cummings for the schedule, he had nothing to do with this schedule. He inherited it.

8 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Scheduling Greeneville for a home and home in week 8 could just be the dumbest scheduling move in the history of scheduling.  Just sayin'  And before somebody bashes Cummings for the schedule, he had nothing to do with this schedule. He inherited it.

In all fairness when Oak Ridge Scheduled Greeneville, Oak Ridge was coming off going to the 5a State Championship game and Greeneville had a 6-4 record (Not common for them) that year.  The two previous year they had Mt. Juliet playing against them in week 8 so not a slouch team there either.....

Edited by Swipes

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

In all fairness when Oak Ridge Scheduled Greeneville, Oak Ridge was coming off going to the 5a State Championship game and Greeneville had a 6-4 record (Not common for them) that year.  The two previous year they had Mt. Juliet playing against them in week 8 so not a slouch team there either.....

True and that trip to MJ was alot of fun, but still doesn't make sense to travel to either one of those schools in week 8 of a season when your scratching and clawing for a playoff spot.  

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

True and that trip to MJ was alot of fun, but still doesn't make sense to travel to either one of those schools in week 8 of a season when your scratching and clawing for a playoff spot.  

I totally get it and a lot has to do with where district games are slotted and who else has an open date on the same weeks.  It could be worse, you could have Maryville week 9 like Knox West

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

I totally get it and a lot has to do with where district games are slotted and who else has an open date on the same weeks.  It could be worse, you could have Maryville week 9 like Knox West

Also true, but they did schedule that and will schedule it again next year.  West will continue to play Murvil and Alcoa because they want to beat both.  

Edited by oridgecat

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I don't think it's been done since 2001.  That should be a great game at West.  Hope the stripes don't screw it up for the teams.  

It's been longer than that.  2001 Maryville lost to Morristown West only and Alcoa and Morristown West didn't play.  I do believe Morristown West would have handles Alcoa that year since Maryville beat them 45-14 3 weeks prior to them losing to Morristown West.

I don't  think they will with how well Knox West has been playing and how nasty their Defense is.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:33 AM, catswild said:

You sound like an OR fan...be careful, you'll be making excuses for everything pretty soon. 

Talking about players being out is not an excuse but a fact.The only reason it has been talked about so much is because of how many injuries to key players there has been.Not many schools at all could overcome that.Imagine having a month or so to teach your system to some high school kids.Then imagine since jamboree having to mix and match new players on top of teaching a new system and new way of doing things.Besides all that most of the players you are teaching have never played meaningful snaps.On top of that trying to improve a team that was even worse last year.There is so much more involved than saying we have 3 or 4 talented guys and should beat a machine like Greenville.You have lived in fantasy land all yr and been wrong every week.Instead of admitting you are wrong you make excuses and blame everything but you

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Well I’d rather have a shot at y’all this season. We are far improved this season from those two versions of MJ that you saw.

I can deeply understand the issue with players being on the injury list and it is an excuse. Transparency is important. When Mavs lost the QB many were like that's just an excuse well it is/was and it does make a difference. Hopefully OR will play good Friday night and that they show wildcat fans what they are made of. 

Go Wildcats!

• Like 2