Best radio broadcast?

InDaHuddle

I figured that I would post this on multiple threads in case some don't follow them all  I know this question has been asked multiple times but the threads are old. So I was wondering who some of the best high school radio broadcasters are. Also, a plus would be who are some of the best that have their broadcasts online so that I can listen at work?

Peabody has a great group that’s on Facebook live and then later uploaded to YouTube.

18 minutes ago, InDaHuddle said:

I figured that I would post this on multiple threads in case some don't follow them all  I know this question has been asked multiple times but the threads are old. So I was wondering who some of the best high school radio broadcasters are. Also, a plus would be who are some of the best that have their broadcasts online so that I can listen at work?

WBNT FM Oneida online at hive105.com. Same broadcast with streaming at IH sports network on YouTube. They cover Oneida and Scott county. The Oneida crew does a great job. They’re homer’s but not detractors from the opponents. They pull for Oneida but give credit where due and call it the way it’s happening. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crow said:

WBNT FM Oneida online at hive105.com. Same broadcast with streaming at IH sports network on YouTube. They cover Oneida and Scott county. The Oneida crew does a great job. They’re homer’s but not detractors from the opponents. They pull for Oneida but give credit where due and call it the way it’s happening. 

Very rarely are you going to have a high school radio broadcast crew that isn’t biased, especially in small towns. But that’s what makes them so special.

26 minutes ago, iFootball said:

Very rarely are you going to have a high school radio broadcast crew that isn’t biased, especially in small towns. But that’s what makes them so special.

Of course, they’re Oneida all the way but some crews just whine and cry about poor officiating or how the other teams is blah blah blah. That’s very off putting to me. You are correct all HS crews will have a bias, they’re calling a game for a particular school. Check out the YouTube channel I linked and select an Oneida game. Some away games won’t allow us to stream but they still have the audio. We’re very fortunate to have the level of coverage we have for a small community. I brag on them every chance I get @OHSIH and crew do a fine job. 

8 minutes ago, crow said:

Of course, they’re Oneida all the way but some crews just whine and cry about poor officiating or how the other teams is blah blah blah. That’s very off putting to me. You are correct all HS crews will have a bias, they’re calling a game for a particular school. Check out the YouTube channel I linked and select an Oneida game. Some away games won’t allow us to stream but they still have the audio. We’re very fortunate to have the level of coverage we have for a small community. I brag on them every chance I get @OHSIH and crew do a fine job. 

Will do!

11 minutes ago, iFootball said:

Will do!

Well crap, I forgot our paranoid powers that be at the school put a clause in the contract the videos would be taken down after 72 hours :roll: so this year is highlight videos still up unless you go to older games that are still there. 

14 hours ago, crow said:

Well crap, I forgot our paranoid powers that be at the school put a clause in the contract the videos would be taken down after 72 hours :roll: so this year is highlight videos still up unless you go to older games that are still there. 

Your guys are the best by far I've heard.Ours does a good job for some of us who cant make a game but.....Well I'm just glad to have an Avenue to turn to if I miss a game. :-D

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Your guys are the best by far I've heard.Ours does a good job for some of us who cant make a game but.....Well I'm just glad to have an Avenue to turn to if I miss a game. :-D

Very true, a lot of folks don’t have an option. Any coverage is good if you can’t make it in person.