Copper Basins funeral against THE tigers from Meigs

20 hours ago, TheCommander said:

I was coached by Daley who played for Mullinax when he was at basin, Daley used many of the same philosophies as Mullinax. Yeah I heard we was hosting the volleyball tournament, our volleyball program has been on the rise for quite a while. Unfortunately I’ll be at little league football practice at 6.

Copper Basin does have a good volleyball team - much better than 3-4 years ago! Meigs and Basin split during the season, but Basin garnered one more Region win than Meigs, thus they finished 2nd and Meigs 3rd. CSAS dominated the Region, going undefeated, and will more than likely win the tourney.
Are you coaching a LL football team? 

23 hours ago, orngnblk said:

In the 80's they used to field some of the toughest,hardest hitting kids I ever played against and we were considered a hard hitting team!

Those tough, hard-hitting teams were a trademark of a Mullinax coached team. My sons were blessed to have him coaching them from '87-'91 at McMinn Co.
I assume you're a Greenback fan? I remember Mullinax taking one of those teams (possibly '89 or ''90) to scrimmage Greenback because he knew they'd face a team that mirrored his - tough as nails. I think a Coach Satterfield was coaching them then?

10 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Those tough, hard-hitting teams were a trademark of a Mullinax coached team. My sons were blessed to have him coaching them from '87-'91 at McMinn Co.
I assume you're a Greenback fan? I remember Mullinax taking one of those teams (possibly '89 or ''90) to scrimmage Greenback because he knew they'd face a team that mirrored his - tough as nails. I think a Coach Satterfield was coaching them then?

Yes sir Satterfield started in 85.We went to CB in 88 and got whipped 48-0 regular season but in 87 we beat them twice once in reg season then 12-0 in first round.Coach Mullinax Coached at Tellico when my boys played them he is one of my all time favorite opposing coaches very classy!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Copper Basin does have a good volleyball team - much better than 3-4 years ago! Meigs and Basin split during the season, but Basin garnered one more Region win than Meigs, thus they finished 2nd and Meigs 3rd. CSAS dominated the Region, going undefeated, and will more than likely win the tourney.
Are you coaching a LL football team? 

Yeah they’re good my sister is a freshman and played jv, the freshman class is very strong with female athletes and should be competitive next four years in every sport. Yes, I coach a little league team. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Yeah they’re good my sister is a freshman and played jv, the freshman class is very strong with female athletes and should be competitive next four years in every sport. Yes, I coach a little league team. 

It’s sad that the Pan is so worn out now volleyball is all we have to talk about on the football thread. You think I’m joking but I’m not

3 hours ago, TheCommander said:

You’re definitely not joking riddler Roy.

Hopefully the turnaround can start with you little league coaches and community involvement. It's tough on Copper Basin finding enough 1A opponents within a 2 hour radius because of their location. Having to play some 2A or 3A teams to fill out the schedule just adds to the problem. It's a beautiful school, and downtown Copper Hill with all the restaurants on the river is well worth a few visits each year.

I'm sure CB's volleyballers won yesterday after we left, so it looks like a Meigs/Copper Basin semifinal matchup tomorrow (Thursday). CB beat Meigs there during the season in 3 straight sets (Meigs beat CB 3-2 in Decatur), so the odds are CB will be in the championship game.

22 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Hopefully the turnaround can start with you little league coaches and community involvement. It's tough on Copper Basin finding enough 1A opponents within a 2 hour radius because of their location. Having to play some 2A or 3A teams to fill out the schedule just adds to the problem. It's a beautiful school, and downtown Copper Hill with all the restaurants on the river is well worth a few visits each year.

I'm sure CB's volleyballers won yesterday after we left, so it looks like a Meigs/Copper Basin semifinal matchup tomorrow (Thursday). CB beat Meigs there during the season in 3 straight sets (Meigs beat CB 3-2 in Decatur), so the odds are CB will be in the championship game.

Yeah a turnaround has to start somewhere, I hope me and my fellow coaches are making a positive impact on these youngins so they continue to grow in the game, we have some good talent in little league but you can have all the talent in the world and not do well especially if the players don't respond well to their coaches. I just hope and pray we can get ahold of things before it crashes and burns completely at the highschool level. Yeah Basin volleyball won last night, will the championship game be held tonight after the semifinal matches? If so I may make an appearance. 

Edited by TheCommander

46 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Yeah a turnaround has to start somewhere, I hope me and my fellow coaches are making a positive impact on these youngins so they continue to grow in the game, we have some good talent in little league but you can have all the talent in the world and not do well especially if the players don't respond well to their coaches. I just hope and pray we can get ahold of things before it crashes and burns completely at the highschool level. Yeah Basin volleyball won last night, will the championship game be held tonight after the semifinal matches? If so I may make an appearance. 

Every effort and amount of love shown is a positive impact on the young men, even if the results don't always show on the gridiron. Wishing you LL coaches success!

Yep, Meigs and Basin play at 6:00 in the semis, and the championship game follows at 7:30. No doubt CSAS will be in the championship game, and it would take a tremendous effort for anyone to beat them.