TSSAA enrollment numbers, who's moving up or down

TotallynotLEO

I saw some TSSAA enrollment numbers that were pretty interesting.  With TSSAA keeping it split down the middle with 75AA and 75A teams based on enrollment there looks to be some movement forthcoming.  

First off  AC should have been small school, A, to begin with.  Looks like they have elected to go down,  where they should be.  Enrollment was 1042 I think. 

Knox Central was on the bubble so they'll go up,  plus they had a significant increase in enrollments at 1324. 

Here's where it gets interesting.  Ranked by enrollment numbers  it looks like Ooltewah 1243 and Franklin County 1180 are positioned to move down to A. Both are currently  AA. 

So who else moves up?  

The most likely I see based on numbers are Page 1276 and Halls 1272. Both are currently  A. 

Boy would that shake things up.  What would that do to the Region picture? Just some topics for discussion.  

Edited by TotallynotLEO
Cause I can't spell

Related, but I guess unrelated since it's Georgia.......for Georgia the classification is based on students that are inside the school's attendance zone and those that aren't are multiplied by 3.

Article on classifications:
https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/ghsa-reclassification-here-is-where-all-478-schools-fall-and-why/7WA743RSBBB5FBS56HP6FLZE6M/  

1 hour ago, Wrestlingfan22 said:

I believe but I'm not sure that gibbs actually is larger than halls until last year halls wrestled up by choice but tssaa removed that option last year

Halls is larger than Gibbs. Both are currently A (small school). Anderson County chose to wrestle up for whatever reason.  Now they are going to go down.  If TSSAA keeps it at 75 teams in each division means Knoxville Central was moving up anyways.  But with  their enrollment numbers they were moving up anyway you cut it.  

Halls and Page both saw an increase in enrollment. If you rank the wrestling schools by enrollment Halls is number 76 and Franklin County 77. Ooltewah is now 74 and Franklin County 70 I think.  

If this happens,  it makes a duals and traditional title much easier for SMHS, Gibbs, Greenville, PF etc. 

Then there is the district stuff to figure out.  Both Halls and Central are the same district. Who do you replace them with?  Sure, AC takes one spot but you only had 4 teams to begin with.  Are we going to see a 3 team district or will they have to realign most of the East? 

11 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Halls is larger than Gibbs. Both are currently A (small school). Anderson County chose to wrestle up for whatever reason.  Now they are going to go down.  If TSSAA keeps it at 75 teams in each division means Knoxville Central was moving up anyways.  But with  their enrollment numbers they were moving up anyway you cut it.  

Halls and Page both saw an increase in enrollment. If you rank the wrestling schools by enrollment Halls is number 76 and Franklin County 77. Ooltewah is now 74 and Franklin County 70 I think.  

If this happens,  it makes a duals and traditional title much easier for SMHS, Gibbs, Greenville, PF etc. 

Then there is the district stuff to figure out.  Both Halls and Central are the same district. Who do you replace them with?  Sure, AC takes one spot but you only had 4 teams to begin with.  Are we going to see a 3 team district or will they have to realign most of the East? 

The east needs to be realigned anyway... how in the world does putting Cocke County and Stone Memorial in the same region make sense? Was also told Mcminn central was planning to reboot there team this year and that they would also get put in region 3...