likely Re-Classification moves :

sportsfan53ray

Guessing from 541-726 for Class 3A. Trying to get 6 teams in each was the goal. You also have Republic, playing non region this year, not sure of their plans. If they are included, by my count, Unicoi is bumped. 

Region 1: (6) Gatlinburg Pittman 559, Chuckey Doak 588, Pigeon Forge 596, Johnson County 628, Claiborne County 684, Unicoi County 726

Region 2: (6) Sweetwater 559, Kingston 660, Austin East 681, Alcoa 682, Scott 695, Union County 704

Region 3: (6) Meigs 544, Tyner 547, Brainerd 615, Sequatchie 636, McMinn Central 654, Chattanooga Central 719

Region 4: (4) Cascade 541, Grundy 567, Community 577, Giles County 713

Region 5: (7) Whites Creek 580, Liberty Creek 582, Watertown 681, Stratford 597, East Nashville 619, Pearl Cohn 639, Maplewood 689

Region 6: (5) Cheatham County 591, Stewart County 623, White House Heritage 666, Fairview 714, Sycamore 719

Region 7: (8) Liberty 542, Westview 558, Scotts Hill 563,  Ripley 672, McNairy Central 698, Dyersburg 704, Bolivar 710, Covington 722

Region 8: (7) Trezevant 541, Memphis East 569, Frederick Douglass 667, Wooddale 675, Hamilton 703, Melrose 710, Raleigh Egypt 724 

The obvious problem here is Region 7, with eight teams. Either a huge region or a team or two would have a ton of traveling. Pearl Cohn moving up would help balance Region 5. If Alcoa moved up McMinn Central could probably go Region 2. 

39 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I would agree with you if the teams currently in 4A stay in 4A… However, with past moves, I don’t see that happening. Then, the competition wouldn’t be any better than what we currently have…. 

There was a bunch that chose to play up 5a when there was talk of you all going 4a

3 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

There was a bunch that chose to play up 5a when there was talk of you all going 4a

:thumb: That’s the reason Alcoa decided to stay in 3A. It’s all a huge game. Our AD waited till the last minute to try to keep that from happening, but several went ahead and jumped ship and it cost them two seasons…

Edited by Throwdeslant

8 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

:thumb: That’s the reason Alcoa decided to stay in 3A. It’s all a huge game. Our AD waited till the last minute to try to keep that from happening, but several went ahead and jumped ship and it cost them two seasons…

If no one plays up you have more 4a schools. Gibbs, Fulton, Carter, Northview Academy (over 800 students), AC, Seymour, South Doyle in Knoxville area now.

Cherokee is 4a now. Question is do they keep Seymour upper east Tennessee send Northview Knoxville. 

52 minutes ago, Indian said:

Guessing from 541-726 for Class 3A. Trying to get 6 teams in each was the goal. You also have Republic, playing non region this year, not sure of their plans. If they are included, by my count, Unicoi is bumped. 

Region 1: (6) Gatlinburg Pittman 559, Chuckey Doak 588, Pigeon Forge 596, Johnson County 628, Claiborne County 684, Unicoi County 726

Region 2: (6) Sweetwater 559, Kingston 660, Austin East 681, Alcoa 682, Scott 695, Union County 704

Region 3: (6) Meigs 544, Tyner 547, Brainerd 615, Sequatchie 636, McMinn Central 654, Chattanooga Central 719

Region 5: (7) Whites Creek 580, Liberty Creek 582, Watertown 681, Stratford 597, East Nashville 619, Pearl Cohn 639, Maplewood 689

Region 6: (5) Cheatham County 591, Stewart County 623, White House Heritage 666, Fairview 714, Sycamore 719

Region 7: (8) Liberty 542, Westview 558, Scotts Hill 563,  Ripley 672, McNairy Central 698, Dyersburg 704, Bolivar 710, Covington 722

Region 8: (7) Trezevant 541, Memphis East 569, Frederick Douglass 667, Wooddale 675, Hamilton 703, Melrose 710, Raleigh Egypt 724 

The obvious problem here is Region 7, with eight teams. Either a huge region or a team or two would have a ton of traveling. Pearl Cohn moving up would help balance Region 5. If Alcoa moved up McMinn Central could probably go Region 2. 

I do not think Alcoa is moving up but that would be good for McMinn Central. Don't think Sequatchie will be in the Chattanooga District.....Think they would stay in Region 4. Who knows, still a lot of things could happen.

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

If no one plays up you have more 4a schools. Gibbs, Fulton, Carter, Northview Academy (over 800 students), AC, Seymour, South Doyle in Knoxville area now.

Cherokee is 4a now. Question is do they keep Seymour upper east Tennessee send Northview Knoxville. 

That’s the BIG question. Do those schools play up? At the moment, I would be pressed to say yes because they made the move before, why wouldn’t they do it again? Also, our AD tried to get AC, Greeneville and Betsy to agree to a 2 year deal (last year and this year) and they all declined. We shall see…

1 hour ago, Charger64 said:

I do not think Alcoa is moving up but that would be good for McMinn Central. Don't think Sequatchie will be in the Chattanooga District.....Think they would stay in Region 4. Who knows, still a lot of things could happen.

Moved Sequatchie due to 3/4 those being 2 hours away. Cannon wasn’t too bad but that would be a bit much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

That’s the BIG question. Do those schools play up? At the moment, I would be pressed to say yes because they made the move before, why wouldn’t they do it again? Also, our AD tried to get AC, Greeneville and Betsy to agree to a 2 year deal (last year and this year) and they all declined. We shall see…

Careful, the maverick mafia will be along to say they'll play anyone anytime, they get no respect,  no one has it better.

4 hours ago, Indian said:

Why would you not put Watertown in region 4 to make it a 5 team region? 

Edited by kingofthenorth
Left out 4
  • Upvote 1