likely Re-Classification moves :

sportsfan53ray

55 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Careful, the maverick mafia will be along to say they'll play anyone anytime, they get no respect,  no one has it better.

Well, they certainly had their chance…It’s my understanding that they had originally accepted to play, but when it came time to complete the paperwork they pulled out… Can’t fault them. It was probably the correct call for their program…

7 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

That’s the BIG question. Do those schools play up? At the moment, I would be pressed to say yes because they made the move before, why wouldn’t they do it again? Also, our AD tried to get AC, Greeneville and Betsy to agree to a 2 year deal (last year and this year) and they all declined. We shall see…

I wish they would have played. I think they could have been competitive these least few years.

Here is an interesting thought. Blue Oval City is supposed to roll out the first Ford truck in 2025. I’m already seeing trailers for construction workers parked near me. When there are 6,000 workers at this plant, if each has a family with two kids, that’s 12,000 students to enroll in Haywood, Tipton, or Fayette County schools, more than likely. 

Can you imagine how this will affect high school enrollment for Fayette-Ware, Haywood, and Covington? I heard a speaker recently state that Covington would grow from a city population of 10,000 or 11, 000 to over 30,000. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Here is an interesting thought. Blue Oval City is supposed to roll out the first Ford truck in 2025. I’m already seeing trailers for construction workers parked near me. When there are 6,000 workers at this plant, if each has a family with two kids, that’s 12,000 students to enroll in Haywood, Tipton, or Fayette County schools, more than likely. 

Can you imagine how this will affect high school enrollment for Fayette-Ware, Haywood, and Covington? I heard a speaker recently state that Covington would grow from a city population of 10,000 or 11, 000 to over 30,000. 

BOC will have an impact.  I feel like we will see the construction of at least one new high school in Fayette, Haywood, Shelby, and Tipton Counties by 2035.  Fayette County already needs a new high school at Oakland.

Stanton is projected to grow from 450 to 10,000 by 2035.  Get ready for the Stanton Stallions, Mustangs, Broncos, Blue Ovals, F150s, or whatever Ford related nickname they might choose, coming to a neighborhood near you @CHARGERFAN!

If these counties build at least one new high school, that could limit some of the growth at Covington, Fayette-Ware, and Haywood, but I still see those schools possibly being reclassified as 5A or 6A in the not too distant future.

Even though it's good to plan ahead, I have not heard of any serious plans by the Haywood County Board of Education to build a new high school in the Stanton area.  We’re not experiencing any major growth yet, but we better get ready!

Edited by stacmot

9 minutes ago, stacmot said:

BOC will have an impact.  I feel like we will see the construction of at least one new high school in Fayette, Haywood, Shelby, and Tipton Counties by 2035.  Fayette County already needs a new high school at Oakland.

Stanton is projected to grow from 450 to 10,000 by 2035.  Get ready for the Stanton Stallions, Mustangs, Broncos, Blue Ovals, F150s, or whatever Ford related nickname they might choose, coming to a neighborhood near you @CHARGERFAN!

If these counties build at least one new high school, that could limit some of the growth at Covington, Fayette-Ware, and Haywood, but I still see those schools possibly being reclassified as 5A or 6A in the not too distant future.

Even though it's good to plan ahead, I have not heard of any serious plans by the Haywood County Board of Education to build a new high school in the Stanton area.  We’re not experiencing any major growth yet, but we better get ready!

Do you think any of these folks will settle in Madison County Stacmot? 

7 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Do you think any of these folks will settle in Madison County Stacmot? 

I've seen projections that some will, but it does seem like that would be a long commute.  I expect a lot of them (at least executives, chemists, engineers) to settle in the Lakeland and Arlington areas of Shelby County.  In terms of families with children, Fayette and Tipton Counties have stronger school systems than Haywood, so I expect to see those counties  experience more growth in school enrollment than Haywood County.  Haywood will experience some growth though.