Loudon @ McMinn Central. Huge region implications for the Chargers.

Blue222

4 minutes ago, THE89Charger said:

If the Chargers take this one it sets up a showdown with Sweetwater for the region title. Beat Loudon and the Chargers are guaranteed home field for the first round.  Who ya got?

Me and you just made our status the same time  lmbo

Edited by RichyRich

20 hours ago, THE89Charger said:

If the Chargers take this one it sets up a showdown with Sweetwater for the region title. Beat Loudon and the Chargers are guaranteed home field for the first round.  Who ya got?

The McMinn Central seniors are on a mission to go out with a bang, desiring to play Sweetwater for the Region championship - and beyond.  The taste of success is addictive, so I think they'll be ready for the Loudon challenge.   

3 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

The McMinn Central seniors are on a mission to go out with a bang, desiring to play Sweetwater for the Region championship - and beyond.  The taste of success is addictive, so I think they'll be ready for the Loudon challenge.   

That's  what I was thinking once that ball gets rolling they won't wanna stop winnin and play their hearts out. But really the region is the most competitive it's ever been this year.  I like mcminn central over loudon. My score prediction is.

Chargers: 21

Redskins: 17

From reading likely reclassifications: If Loudon and Signal Mtn moves up to 4A, and Meigs Co. moves up to 3A, it would make a good Region 3-3A between Meigs Co., Brainerd, McMinn Central, Kingston, and Sweetwater. 
As a thought, if they moved Brainerd to another region, what other nearby teams would be a good fit for 3-3A? Possibly Rockwood, or a Knox County team? 

EDIT: On the 'Likely Re-Classification' post on this page, the poster said "Guessing from 541-726 enrollment for Class 3A. Trying to get 6 teams in each was the goal. 
Region 3: Meigs 544, Tyner 547, Brainerd 615, Sequatchie 636, McMinn Central 654, Chattanooga Central 719.

Edited by blitzinbuc

7 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

From reading likely reclassifications: If Loudon and Signal Mtn moves up to 4A, and Meigs Co. moves up to 3A, it would make a good Region 3-3A between Meigs Co., Brainerd, McMinn Central, Kingston, and Sweetwater. 
As a thought, if they moved Brainerd to another region, what other nearby teams would be a good fit for 3-3A? Possibly Rockwood, or a Knox County team? 

EDIT: On the 'Likely Re-Classification' post on this page, the poster said "Guessing from 541-726 enrollment for Class 3A. Trying to get 6 teams in each was the goal. 
Region 3: Meigs 544, Tyner 547, Brainerd 615, Sequatchie 636, McMinn Central 654, Chattanooga Central 719.

What about Polk County?

19 hours ago, THE89Charger said:

What about Polk County?

I'd imagine Polk stays at 2A, depending on the approved low/high student numbers for 2A or 3A.
It's all speculation at this stage, for enrollment numbers and teams for each Region classification. As an example, I just don't see Sequatchie playing in 3-3A, as was thought by the poster I quoted. That's about a 3 1/2 bus ride at best for the traveling team - and that's assuming good traffic through Chattanooga on a Friday. 
I've heard that the TSSAA might look at each school's enrollment numbers for October, in addition to the enrollment numbers for each school at the start for any major discrepancies before they reclassify. That might work for a handful of teams' benefit, but naturally there would be complaints if a school missed the cutoff number by 1 student. 
Whatever is done, you can count on the TSSAA botching something up in the process.

Edited by blitzinbuc
  • Like 1