Region 5AA vs Reg 6AA

ddaddy

Riverside would have to be the clear #1 out of the two regions right now. The water is muddy after that...5AA has several teams that appear to be much improved, but Lewis Co. has been improving steadily every week (wish that we saw y'all earlier), and the new coach's scheme and philosophy look to be taking hold. I wouldn't be surprised that by the playoffs LC would be ready to challenge anyone in 5AA. We (Scotts Hill) were going to be a dark horse if healthy this season and have been decimated with injuries, but appear to be getting help from young kids and a few "starters" almost healthy enough to contribute late...probably too late to avoid 5AA's 1 seed, but we'll see. East Hickman has been a surprise. After steady improvement for three seasons, the wheels look to have come off what I thought had a chance to be our #2 seed. As close as 6AA is from the bottom up to the #3/4 seeds, 5AA is possibly closer from the top down...still too close to call their #1 through 4.

I think Riverside vs either MtP or Richland

Lewis vs either MtP or Richland. 

Then those two winners. That's your quad.

Loretto is a dark horse. Cascade looked good against Forrest but Forrest would've lost to any 1A or 2A team Friday- not much to take away there. Forrest has quit on their season.  They are finishing 3-7 and hopefully, it's the end of Head Coach Eli. I am gonna go pray for that right now.  

Yeah I didn’t figure their would b a lot of talk on this thread. Not a good region altogether but their is some good football in the mix. Pretty much region six going to come down to Lewis and Riverside and that’s not a foregone conclusion. Lewis offense picking up steam learning their new identity while Riverside is a patchwork of players rotating in and out as to say they are banged up is an understatement. They have like seven starters out injured. Region five is pretty confusing. Seems like every week their is a surprise but I do feel like mt pleasant will come out number one seed

Winner of MtP v Richland has a shot at Semis.

It's a freaking disgrace because Forrest 2019 would have been a shoe-in for Semis, and 2021 would've had a great shot.

2022 Forrest has 3 games left, then a 3-7 record and home for playoffs- NOT HOME FIELD, HOME AS IN LIVING ROOM COUCH-  with some great incoming 9th graders, but an incompetent HC and DC. How can anyone get excited about this?!

On 10/6/2022 at 12:14 PM, GeneralForrest said:

patience bro 

Ok, spill...is this a hidden "Easter Egg", or just a coincidence that makes it appear that you knew that there's something coming out later?

Just got a tip that one of the teams in the mix over there may have to forfeit an unknown (to me) number of games. Could have no effect on the standings, or could flip them upside down.

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Ok, spill...is this a hidden "Easter Egg", or just a coincidence that makes it appear that you knew that there's something coming out later?

Just got a tip that one of the teams in the mix over there may have to forfeit an unknown (to me) number of games. Could have no effect on the standings, or could flip them upside down.

Who?

12 minutes ago, Riverside80 said:

Who?

I'd rather someone who knows more than I do break this out. All that I have right now is one instance of a forfeit not concerning a region game, and that basically changes nothing. It won't be a secret, and if there's nothing soon I will have some questions but for now I'll wait.

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'd rather someone who knows more than I do break this out. All that I have right now is one instance of a forfeit not concerning a region game, and that basically changes nothing. It won't be a secret, and if there's nothing soon I will have some questions but for now I'll wait.

Spill the beans man! At least tell us what this mystery team did to cause them to have to forfeit some games.

1 hour ago, anchordown10 said:

Spill the beans man! At least tell us what this mystery team did to cause them to have to forfeit some games.

OK, since no one seems to know anything...Scotts Hill received a letter from Mt. Plesant that was drafted on September 21'st stating that an ineligible player participated in our game, thus they were forfeiting that game. Our game was played on August 26'th...Mt. Plesant had East Hickman earlier, then two region games (Cascade, Loretto) before the letter was written, and all were wins. If the player participated in all four games before they were aware that he wasn't eligible, that's four losses overall and two region losses. I haven't bothered to try and figure what the situation does to the region standings, and I also admittedly don't know if the player played in any games other than ours.