William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett 10/14

TribalEmpire

I was going to wait till Friday to post this thread but just noticed that the Govs are on bye this week as well, so may as well go ahead and get it out there since both our fanbases can look ahead to this one.

It's homecoming 2022 in J. Fred Johnson Stadium and a Region game.  We all know the victor in this game already.  Only questions unanswered are what will be the margin of victory and can the Tribe pitch the shutout?

I believe D-B could win this one 85-0 even with the running clock if they so choose.  However, we'll probably start playing backups early third quarter and win something like 49-0 instead.

1 minute ago, TribalEmpire said:

I was going to wait till Friday to post this thread but just noticed that the Govs are on bye this week as well, so may as well go ahead and get it out there since both our fanbases can look ahead to this one.

It's homecoming 2022 in J. Fred Johnson Stadium and a Region game.  We all know the victor in this game already.  Only questions unanswered are what will be the margin of victory and can the Tribe pitch the shutout?

I believe D-B could win this one 85-0 even with the running clock if they so choose.  However, we'll probably start playing backups early third quarter and win something like 49-0 instead.

The William Blount fanbase?  I think the William Blount fanbase is down to about 3 guys now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Bless their little Governor pea pickin hearts. You all will have to sub before the half. William Blount can not defend themselves. It will be tough on the Indian coaching staff trying to accomplish goals and doing the right thing at the same time.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HTV said:

The kind of opponent schools want to schedule for homecoming.  

An old coach called these games “memory games.”40 years from now the 4th team tailback tells his wifey for the 50th time and his grands for the 10th time how he turned on his 5.1 jets and slowly sprinted to the end zone 81 yards away. The yellow newspaper clipping said it was an 18 yard run.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1

Every time I see a thread starting out like this it takes me back to 2003 and the week of the DB vs. Karns game. This thread has started out exactly like the 2003 thread. Almost a mirror image. The only difference is DB was undefeated and ranked # 1 in 2003. If DB walks out on the field with the same mind set as the fans it could be a repeat 0f 2003.  

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Every time I see a thread starting out like this it takes me back to 2003 and the week of the DB vs. Karns game. This thread has started out exactly like the 2003 thread. Almost a mirror image. The only difference is DB was undefeated and ranked # 1 in 2003. If DB walks out on the field with the same mind set as the fans it could be a repeat 0f 2003.  

Not with this team Waco. Wait until you see them, no seriously.  And if I remember correctly didn't DB give away 6 turnovers that night?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Lol... I wasn't living in KPT back in 2003 so I can't remark on that one, but I can on this one... WB has absolutely NO chance at winning this game.