Tennessee AP 5A Poll

6 hours ago, MeritIII said:

West has been around 71 years - and has won more games in the last 11-12 years than the previous 60 combined.  Seems funny to me that they are now the benchmark of 5A that they either win state or they choked.  West realizes we are new to the game.  We have 1 state title in 71 years so don’t hold us to the standard. 

Knox County has done what ever they can to get you all there. IB program and moved school zones so out of balance that it messes up the rest of the county. You all have had the most talent in Knox county since the late 2000s. That's why Coach Cummings has struggled so since leaving West to go to Cleveland. He didn't burn it up at Halls either and now OR is struggling. If you all at West can't stand the heat as the favorite in the state, much less Knox County, then go back to the old West.

46 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Knox County has done what ever they can to get you all there. IB program and moved school zones so out of balance that it messes up the rest of the county. You all have had the most talent in Knox county since the late 2000s. That's why Coach Cummings has struggled so since leaving West to go to Cleveland. He didn't burn it up at Halls either and now OR is struggling. If you all at West can't stand the heat as the favorite in the state, much less Knox County, then go back to the old West.

So did we take all that talent from Bearden?  If you haven’t noticed - most school zones shifted to the west - so we picked up mostly Bearden kids.  Never knew Bearden was a football powerhouse.  Central received several former West zoned kids in the rezone  - how has that worked out for Central?

Edited by MeritIII

1 hour ago, MeritIII said:

So did we take all that talent from Bearden?  If you haven’t noticed - most school zones shifted to the west - so we picked up mostly Bearden kids.  Never knew Bearden was a football powerhouse.  Central received several former West zoned kids in the rezone  - how has that worked out for Central?

So not going to address how Knox County helped West at the expense of all other schools in Knox County. If they move all the high school zones back east the only school that looses out is West. With the population exploding West of HVA, Knox County will probably have to build a new high school somewhere in West Knox County. Knox County already had to add on to HVA. Kick all the high school zones back east and Fulton, Carter, Central, Gibbs, AE, SD probably all get students back. But if not HVA, Farragut, and Bearden are over crowded. New schools aren't free. 

On 10/4/2022 at 11:46 AM, noonesfool said:

My first thoughts are who are overrated, who are underrated and who are just right. West probably just right, number 10 Sevier County at 6-1 probably overrated.

From what I saw on unapproved website Munford has the easiest schedule so I would say they could very well be overrated. Powell has one of the toughest and lost their 2 with Potts out so could be underrated.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

So not going to address how Knox County helped West at the expense of all other schools in Knox County. If they move all the high school zones back east the only school that looses out is West. With the population exploding West of HVA, Knox County will probably have to build a new high school somewhere in West Knox County. Knox County already had to add on to HVA. Kick all the high school zones back east and Fulton, Carter, Central, Gibbs, AE, SD probably all get students back. But if not HVA, Farragut, and Bearden are over crowded. New schools aren't free. 

You think the School Board rezoned districts for the benefit of specific football Programs?  How is this not a news story?

43 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

From what I saw on unapproved website Munford has the easiest schedule so I would say they could very well be overrated. Powell has one of the toughest and lost their 2 with Potts out so could be underrated.

I agree, Powell is a bit of a wild card with all of those early season injuries. They still don't look like the dominant force they were last season, but they'll be a tough out in November. If we end up with a Powell-West rematch, the pressure will squarely be on the Rebels, although they certainly look the part this season.

New schools in Farragut are coming. The new elementary school will likely be open in the fall of 2025, with a middle and high school expected to follow. This will help alleviate some of the mess out here. Not sure how it will shift the HVA zone, but that will obviously pull a lot of kids from the existing Farragut schools, and allow the Farragut zone to move east to help Bearden.

and did this zoning also effect Powell?  They're the most recent Champions from K-town right?  When did this zoning happen?

3 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

You think the School Board rezoned districts for the benefit of specific football Programs?  How is this not a news story?

Don't know if you know the history of schools in Knox County, especially High Schools. You have to go back a few decades to figure it out. It would probably open a few cans of worms on The T. Find a map of Knox County High School zones and it might give you some clues.

Just now, BigTime1950 said:

Don't know if you know the history of schools in Knox County, especially High Schools. You have to go back a few decades to figure it out. It would probably open a few cans of worms on The T. Find a map of Knox County High School zones and it might give you some clues.

I don't at all.  But what you're suggesting would require a huge conspiracy with very little reward.  No matter the maps, that doesn't make sense.