Oakland at CPA Thursday night

ttitan27

I wasn't watching this game till I saw the score at half time.  Turned it on the computer.  Oakland looked as flat as I've ever seen em.  I suspect it was just that they were flat, but  6A is wide open looks like.  Doesn't matter about these losses, its who can perform on the night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Fire Creasy  Fire Creasy he's got to go . Just kidding folks Every team is human and it happens to the best. Oakland will be there again but sometimes something like this is good for a team to wake everyone up to realize they have to do more than just show up.

Sometimes it is exactly what is needed to wake a team up like you said. I also think it will be great for the region as well. A whole lot of games were lost before kickoff simply due to the belief that Oakland could not be beaten. I think we will see a very awake and alert Oakland moving fwd, but I also think for the next few games you will see teams playing Oakland with some level of belief that they have a punchers chance. Don't get me wrong , as they might clobber whoever they play moving fwd, but it just proves that every giant can toppled, and that gives team a little confidence they didn't have .  

Edited by Blaze45
spelling

13 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Sometimes it is exactly what is needed to wake a team up like you said. I also think it will be great for the region as well. A whole lot of games were lost before kickoff simply due to the belief that Oakland could not be beaten. I think we will see a very awake and alert Oakland moving fwd, but I also think for the next few games you will see teams playing Oakland with some level of belief that they have a punchers chance. Don't get me wrong , as they might clobber whoever they play moving fwd, but it just proves that every giant can toppled, and that gives team a little confidence they didn't have .  

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right"
~ Henry Ford

14 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Nope. They lost last night too. Houston got em.

Houston clobbered them. Saw Houston in person when they lost to Briarcrest Christian. BCS second QB played and didn’t know he was starting till 2 days before the game. Was not impressed by Houston. 6A is very wide open.

Edited by noonesfool

3 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Houston clobbered them. Saw Houston in person when they lost to Briarcrest Christian. BCS second QB played a Nd didn’t he was starting till 2 days before the game . 6A is very wide open.

I just saw Varlas updating the score and he seemed pretty shocked by it.

But yeah, 6A is as open as it's been in some time.

1 minute ago, noonesfool said:

Houston clobbered them. Saw Houston in person when they lost to Briarcrest Christian. BCS second QB played a Nd didn’t he was starting till 2 days before the game . 6A is very wide open.

I have asked since I can't find any real footage on Collierville if they are really any good. 4 of their wins were to bottom ranked 3A and 4A team that had not scored but 1 touchdown  1 win was to the 32 ranked team in Mississippi. I thought they were overrated based on who the wins were against compared to a Maryville