Dynamix Hoopfest - Jackson, TN

TLowns

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview and South Side would be a great one. Both teams played really well and are really good. The Alexander kid is really showing out for y’all. Shooting with a ton of confidence. Others are playing well too, but she is knocking them down. 

We would love to play Westview! It will definitely be a battle but we love a challenge. If WV shoot like like they did Saturday a repeat will be in the near future! Look out York Institute, Gatlinburg Pittman, Alcoa… Westview is on a mission 

Edited by HawkGuy06

43 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We would love to Westview! It will definitely be a battle but we love a challenge. If WV shoot like like they did Saturday a repeat will be in the near future! Look out York Institute, Gatlinburg Pittman, Alcoa… Westview is on a mission 

They all shoot the three with tons of confidence no doubt. They all are ready to fire it up, They put on a show for sure. Both of y’all had great wins and are the teams to beat. Both of y’all with quality wins. 

13 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They all shoot the three with tons of confidence no doubt. They all are ready to fire it up, They put on a show for sure. Both of y’all had great wins and are the teams to beat. Both of y’all with quality wins. 

I think Westview's one downfall this season is going to be post play. They will have trouble stopping a good post player with size. Just my two cents on what's holding them back from being great this year

2 minutes ago, heatcoach said:

I think Westview's one downfall this season is going to be post play. They will have trouble stopping a good post player with size. Just my two cents on what's holding them back from being great this year

Westview played against one of the top Sophomore post players in the country on Saturday night in Mercy's Leah Macy. Leah has offers from several P5 programs including Tennessee, Vandy, Louisville, Belmont, North Carolina. She had a good game, 16 points. Mercy is also one of the top teams in Kentucky and has 4 D1 prospects on the team. Westview will not see a team in AA that is better, or anywhere close, than what they went up against this weekend. Just my personal opinion, it will take an off night by Westview and another teams best night for anyone in AA to beat them this year. With that being said, GP, Alcoa, York are the only ones with a chance.

1 hour ago, TLowns said:

Westview played against one of the top Sophomore post players in the country on Saturday night in Mercy's Leah Macy. Leah has offers from several P5 programs including Tennessee, Vandy, Louisville, Belmont, North Carolina. She had a good game, 16 points. Mercy is also one of the top teams in Kentucky and has 4 D1 prospects on the team. Westview will not see a team in AA that is better, or anywhere close, than what they went up against this weekend. Just my personal opinion, it will take an off night by Westview and another teams best night for anyone in AA to beat them this year. With that being said, GP, Alcoa, York are the only ones with a chance.

Yea we know offers are mostly based on potential! Maybe a few good camps & if they think you have the size or speed that will benefit their system you will get a offer. I said that to say Mercy wasn’t that great, despite having multiple “D1” players(imo). 

We also shooting on a regular goal is much different when you get to Murfreesboro. You definitely named the right contenders for WV. I can’t wait to see Jada & Alcoa’s pg go at it. GP & York Institute will be there as well. If WV shoots like they did in the 1st half, nobody will beat them in AA. 

Edited by HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, TLowns said:

Westview will have its hands full winning the district. Gibson Co and Huntingdon are both pretty good teams.

2 hours ago, TLowns said:

They are one of the best shooting teams maybe around here ever. You never know what might happen with off games, injuries, sickness….etc…though. Huntingdon liked to threw a wrench in their party last year Got a feeling it will come down to letting them make you beat them with two’s instead of playing help and leaving shooters open. Their shooters are great but I would faceguard all of them and wouldn’t leave them. If the PG beats the girl up top let her get beat. Don’t leave nobody and make the outside shooters beat you one on one. This may not work either but playing man and leaving shooters open to help isn’t working. Too good of shooters to leave them any room. They all have quick releases too. Another thing somebody will likely do is hold the ball at half court and make them play man to man. They may be good at man as well, but if I had a dominant post I would like to see how good they good  guard her playing man. Got a feeling teams might just try that this year. Seen it some last year. We see it lots holding the ball getting teams out of a zone. None of these might not work either but I bet teams will try. Especially when it comes down to a Gold Ball and letting them dictate the way the game is played.