Jump to content

All-Divisions Boys Preseason Rankings


TNUSAWrestling
 Share

Recommended Posts

So you are saying that Cleveland and other public schools benefit from the same recruiting advantages that a boarding school like Baylor does? Let me remind you, Baylor had more out-of-state guys than they did in-state last year in their lineup. You are absolutely ignorant if you honestly think that is true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cowcatcher said:

So you are saying that Cleveland and other public schools benefit from the same recruiting advantages that a boarding school like Baylor does? Let me remind you, Baylor had more out-of-state guys than they did in-state last year in their lineup. You are absolutely ignorant if you honestly think that is true. 

I didnt say Cleveland benefits more than Baylor. Nor did i say that their recruiting is on par with Baylor...

 

I said they recruit. Like Baylor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

No arguing that…. i don’t know what goes on behind close door. 

 

All I know is families move to Cleveland to be apart of whatever they have going on, and usually happens early. Bosken must be giving out killer jobs to be pulling families in the 3rd grade. Touché

Easy test

line up a Youth Dual and MS Dual

 

You are correct on one thing.  Families move to areas that they believe can make their wrestlers better.  Cleveland is a super solid program and the coaches travel the country with their kids and the same can be said about Baylor.  Why wouldn’t anyone want to be a part of that?
 

As far as recruiting is concerned. Bosken, Knox or anyone from Cleveland hasn’t ever tried to recruit my son “Hunter Mason”. They have invited him to summer camps and even coached him at a few tournaments, but haven’t ever even hinted at Hunter coming to their school.  Very professional in my opinion and I am just using him for example because I have first hand knowledge of that haha  

Everyone likes to complain about certain schools recruiting. I will say this, a kid can’t be recruited if they are happy with the school they are at. Kids go to places that they believe gives them the best chances to reach their goals. Hunter stayed at Greeneville because Randy Shelton has done wonderful by my son.  He’s gotten him is some of the toughest tourneys in the country and has been an excellent coach to my son.  Even though he had offers from private schools up north he didn’t feel the need to move because Greeneville has given him the opportunity to reach his National Goals. 
 

It’s my opinion that most of the kids who transfer schools have D1/D2 goals and they go to a place who has proven to produce college athletes. If you don’t want to loose kids from your program, get a tough schedule, have a year around program and challenge your wrestlers.  
 

let’s let not forget if it’s truly about the kids why wouldn’t you want them to transfer to a place that they feel is better?  People worry about Baylor for example because they are a boarding school and offer a great program and a great education and I guess to a certain extent is allowed to recruit “ not sure how much so please don’t beat me up if I am wrong”. But colleges don’t give out team scholarships.  

Let’s face it.  Kids aren’t  getting scholarships for winning a TN state title.  They are getting them from wrestling nationally and there are only a hand full of schools in the state that travel nationally to some  of the toughest tourneys in the country. I don’t blame the kids or the parents at all. 
 

Sid Mason 

Edited by Mason422
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mason422 said:

You are correct on one thing.  Families move to areas that they believe can make their wrestlers better.  Cleveland is a super solid program and the coaches travel the country with their kids and the same can be said about Baylor.  Why wouldn’t anyone want to be a part of that?
 

As far as recruiting is concerned. Bosken, Knox or anyone from Cleveland hasn’t ever tried to recruit my son “Hunter Mason”. They have invited him to summer camps and even coached him at a few tournaments, but haven’t ever even hinted at Hunter coming to their school.  Very professional in my opinion and I am just using him for example because I have first hand knowledge of that haha  

Everyone likes to complain about certain schools recruiting. I will say this, a kid can’t be recruited if they are happy with the school they are at. Kids go to places that they believe gives them the best chances to reach their goals. Hunter stayed at Greeneville because Randy Shelton has done wonderful by my son.  He’s gotten him is some of the toughest tourneys in the country and has been an excellent coach to my son.  Even though he had offers from private schools up north he didn’t feel the need to move because Greeneville has given him the opportunity to reach his National Goals. 
 

It’s my opinion that most of the kids who transfer schools have D1/D2 goals and they go to a place who has proven to produce college athletes. If you don’t want to loose kids from your program, get a tough schedule, have a year around program and challenge your wrestlers.  
 

let’s let not forget if it’s truly about the kids why wouldn’t you want them to transfer to a place that they feel is better?  People worry about Baylor for example because they are a boarding school and offer a great program and a great education and I guess to a certain extent is allowed to recruit “ not sure how much so please don’t beat me up if I am wrong”. But colleges don’t give out team scholarships.  

Let’s face it.  Kids are getting scholarships for winning a TN state title.  They are getting them from wrestling nationally and there are only a hand full of schools in the state that travel nationally to some  of the toughest tourneys in the country. I don’t blame the kids or the parents at all. 
 

Sid Mason 

Then out of nowhere the voice of logic was heard.

Well said.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mason422 said:

You are correct on one thing.  Families move to areas that they believe can make their wrestlers better.  Cleveland is a super solid program and the coaches travel the country with their kids and the same can be said about Baylor.  Why wouldn’t anyone want to be a part of that?
 

As far as recruiting is concerned. Bosken, Knox or anyone from Cleveland hasn’t ever tried to recruit my son “Hunter Mason”. They have invited him to summer camps and even coached him at a few tournaments, but haven’t ever even hinted at Hunter coming to their school.  Very professional in my opinion and I am just using him for example because I have first hand knowledge of that haha  

Everyone likes to complain about certain schools recruiting. I will say this, a kid can’t be recruited if they are happy with the school they are at. Kids go to places that they believe gives them the best chances to reach their goals. Hunter stayed at Greeneville because Randy Shelton has done wonderful by my son.  He’s gotten him is some of the toughest tourneys in the country and has been an excellent coach to my son.  Even though he had offers from private schools up north he didn’t feel the need to move because Greeneville has given him the opportunity to reach his National Goals. 
 

It’s my opinion that most of the kids who transfer schools have D1/D2 goals and they go to a place who has proven to produce college athletes. If you don’t want to loose kids from your program, get a tough schedule, have a year around program and challenge your wrestlers.  
 

let’s let not forget if it’s truly about the kids why wouldn’t you want them to transfer to a place that they feel is better?  People worry about Baylor for example because they are a boarding school and offer a great program and a great education and I guess to a certain extent is allowed to recruit “ not sure how much so please don’t beat me up if I am wrong”. But colleges don’t give out team scholarships.  

Let’s face it.  Kids are getting scholarships for winning a TN state title.  They are getting them from wrestling nationally and there are only a hand full of schools in the state that travel nationally to some  of the toughest tourneys in the country. I don’t blame the kids or the parents at all. 
 

Sid Mason 

Hard to argue with this. Great post and thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

While we're here talking rankings...can someone explain to me why Paradice is ranked 16 and got a seed for super 32 but Desselle has beaten him three times in the last two months and isnt ranked nor getting a seed?

someone could post on Matscouts in the comments section below.  It's a lot of guys to seed and not all of the bouts and outcomes are easily found.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, TotallynotLEO said:

At 195 Thomas Stadl will be back for Maryville.  I understand not having him on the list since he missed last year but he'll be towards the top beefier its said and done. I think Cooper is going 220.  

Overall,  195 has Curtis, Atwood, Ferrel and Stadl. 

Stadel is by far and away the #1 195 pounder. I may be biased here, but not wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Stadel is by far and away the #1 195 pounder. I may be biased here, but not wrong.

I don't disagree.  The other guys get a vote too but if I were to put money on one,  it'd be Stadl. I've seen him wrestle.  

JS, how do you see 182 stacking up in sectional? I think it's a toss up between about 5 kids behind Robinson from Jefferson County. 

Also, I think Peyton does well at 220. He'll be athletic and strong with good experience.  Be fun to watch him and Crowder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I don't disagree.  The other guys get a vote too but if I were to put money on one,  it'd be Stadl. I've seen him wrestle.  

JS, how do you see 182 stacking up in sectional? I think it's a toss up between about 5 kids behind Robinson from Jefferson County. 

Also, I think Peyton does well at 220. He'll be athletic and strong with good experience.  Be fun to watch him and Crowder. 

We'll see. Nobody's going to know much until the season starts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




  • Recent Posts

    • It's not my fault that your whitey schools throw more money into athletics than they do academics. It doesn't mean your athletics are struggling financially, Mr. RichyRich. Now, this topic was about the JCH vs TMSAA, but if you want to suck white boy McMinn County d*ck, you are more than welcome to start a topic appropriate for [email protected] like you.  
    • I remember this kid, he played for Riverdale and then went on to play at UTC if I  remember correctly.
    • Hey waterboy, do you actually no what nepotism means?  Don't you work for the RuCo Sheriff's Dept.? As I said before, Creasy doesn't need any help.  
    • Buddy I don't even live in bradley County, and if you ever been to South or East Cleveland, or even East Chattanooga  you'd see alot of poverty. Your talking out your rear and haven't really been to either place. Besides that rural poverty in the surrounding counties, like mcminn,polk,meigs,marion,rhea,  Monroe, bradley counties are all poverty stricken and most ot the population are blue collar workers .But that's besides the point bc this isn't a pissing contest to begin with, but It seems you wanna dwell on that. And to answer your question I live  in Mcminn county and what does being white have to do anything with it aint no privilege here  imagine callin someone little and then creating an imaginary obstacle in your head. Cry some more you don't belong here.
    • They were so good back then. Coach Pitts had him a dynasty worked up there for a good while.
×
  • Create New...