BAMA TENNESSEE 2022

GeneralForrest

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

' I wear my University of Tennessee shirt because I went there for two degrees.  You wear your University of Alabama shirt because you went to Dollar General.      We are not the same.

^ Better Call Vol   Twitter tweets

Bee Cee is a great dude, with a greater story. 
He’s ok for a Bearden guy. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

this is where i question.  i am not sure they are. what about this years team and results makes you think they are. seriously. 

Strictly speaking from talent and depth at all positions except QB. We definitely have an edge at backup QB and honestly I’m not so sure our starter isn’t just as good as theirs. O line and defensive LB’s and secondary are the glaring advantages they have but D line as well especially when rotating depth starts to factor in. Also their RB room is head and shoulders above ours right now. Offensively if the line can slow down their rush we certainly have a shot but like I said earlier we can’t afford as many mistakes as they can in my opinion. They haven’t played their best ball yet, not sure they will Saturday either. Tennessee is peaking I believe which is why I think we have a shot this weekend. I do look for Bama to pull it together before the year is over, I hope Tennessee can stay at peak performance for the remainder. My honest assessment of Tennessee is a 10-12 ranked finish at 9-3 maybe 10-2 and a New Years 6 bowl. Given where we were when CJH took over, I’ll be thrilled with that. 

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crow said:

Strictly speaking from talent and depth at all positions except QB. We definitely have an edge at backup QB and honestly I’m not so sure our starter isn’t just as good as theirs. O line and defensive LB’s and secondary are the glaring advantages they have but D line as well especially when rotating depth starts to factor in. Also their RB room is head and shoulders above ours right now. Offensively if the line can slow down their rush we certainly have a shot but like I said earlier we can’t afford as many mistakes as they can in my opinion. They haven’t played their best ball yet, not sure they will Saturday either. Tennessee is peaking I believe which is why I think we have a shot this weekend. I do look for Bama to pull it together before the year is over, I hope Tennessee can stay at peak performance for the remainder. My honest assessment of Tennessee is a 10-12 ranked finish at 9-3 maybe 10-2 and a New Years 6 bowl. Given where we were when CJH took over, I’ll be thrilled with that. 

Invite to the Sugar Bowl would be sweet! :thumb:

1 hour ago, PercyPeabody said:

Invite to the Sugar Bowl would be sweet! :thumb:

I’d be be more than happy with that! I think a year and a half ago any Tennessee fan would’ve gladly signed up for what we’re seeing right now given where we were with coaching changes, NCAA investigations and players hitting the portal like rats on a sinking ship. Granted I believe Tennessee is a bit over hyped at the moment and think we’ll likely end up in that 10-12 spot maybe even 15-20 if Bama and Georgia win big and with Kentucky still sitting in the wings but given where we’ve been and how recently we were winless in the conference I’m impressed with the turnaround thus far. Not calling for a National, conference or even a division championship yet but we’re becoming competitive and still short handed in the roster. I’m interested to see after another recruiting cycle or two. 

Edited by crow

2 minutes ago, crow said:

I’d be be more than happy with that! I think a year and a half ago any Tennessee fan would’ve gladly signed up for what we’re seeing right now given where we were with coaching changes, NCAA investigations and players hitting the portal like rats on a sinking ship. Granted I believe Tennessee is a bit over hyped at the moment and think we’ll likely end up in that 10-12 spot maybe even 15-20 if Bama and Georgia win big and with Kentucky still sitting in the wings but given where we’ve been and how recently we were winless in the conference I’m impressed with the turnaround thus far. Not calling for a National, conference or even a division championship yet but we’re becoming competitive and still short handed in the roster. I’m interested to see after another recruiting cycle or two. 

You nailed it. Tennessee is a bit overhyped at the moment, but we'll see if it's justified any by this tough stretch of schedule. The next two recruiting cycles will really be telling and show where the team truly is at. I'd love for it to be similar to the 90s, but that may be a tough act to replicate. 

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Analytics say so

'Bama has six preseason all Americans...Tennessee has zero.

'Bama has the top recruiting class three of the last four years, and the lone year they didn't they were third...Tennessee's best is third, worst is 18'th. 

Tennessee's best asset is their offensive playbook, as well as the pace of offensive snaps. That's a detriment to their defense...lots of time on the field.

im talking about games this season

11 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

UT won't be buried by half. I know you don't like that, but it's fact. 

i actually dont. i want bama to win.

youre making an absolute prediction. i was stating a hypothetical. hooker better be perfct right away. he has been sloppy on the first drive or two then warmed up. that wont work saturday