Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

51 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

31-18 West.. where is everybody ?

Unlike someone else we know , no one goes missing from Maryville after a loss .

Maryville definitely lost to the better team tonight ... It has been a long time since i've seen a Maryville team this out of sorts . It seems we have no plan on containment on Defense anymore ... Defensive Ends used to contain the Edge ... I'm not sure about our plan ... we're too busy most plays dancing around trying to decide if we're gonna play a 3 man line or not and some times we're not even ready when the ball snaps . Offensively it might have been a good idea to hand the ball off to Ladue every now and then before Vaughn got hurt ... but he was too busy being a glorified guard I guess . If our offensive Game plan now is handing off up the middle every play we might as well go into a Rhino/ Wildcat package and put the ball in both  Ladue and Vaughn's hands every play with 9 blockers ... Hope both young men are ok , they both played their hearts out !

It's amazing to me how many times we've been totally confused and not knowing what to do when the time is running down like at the end of the first half , running around like a Chinese fire drill seems to be our plan now . Might as well mention the Extra points too ... that's basically a coaching issue when you're incapable of kicking an extra point .

Congrats to West on the big win , go get that Gold Ball now !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Maryville definitely lost to the better team tonight ... It has been a long time since i've seen a Maryville team this out of sorts . It seems we have no plan on containment on Defense anymore ... Defensive Ends used to contain the Edge ... I'm not sure about our plan ... we're too busy most plays dancing around trying to decide if we're gonna play a 3 man line or not and some times we're not even ready when the ball snaps . Offensively it might have been a good idea to hand the ball off to Ladue every now and then before Vaughn got hurt ... but he was too busy being a glorified guard I guess . If our offensive Game plan now is handing off up the middle every play we might as well go into a Rhino/ Wildcat package and put the ball in both  Ladue and Vaughn's hands every play with 9 blockers ... Hope both young men are ok , they both played their hearts out !

It's amazing to me how many times we've been totally confused and not knowing what to do when the time is running down like at the end of the first half , running around like a Chinese fire drill seems to be our plan now . Might as well mention the Extra points too ... that's basically a coaching issue when you're incapable of kicking an extra point .

pep tha most un Mairvul lookin teem eye've seed.....And yes a defence thait lays baick and steal letts peepull run bye tham.....and yes eye fergott abowt tha extree point feeasscoe....smh

31 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

No creativity on offense, defensive alignments are horrible. No one knows where to line up half the time. Also I’m not sure why we have the 3 guys over there signaling in plays after Hunt calls it in, but that needs to be thrown out. Always on the verge of a delay of game. No organization and no discipline. I’ve never seen it this bad. 

The three guys signaling has to be the biggest joke I've ever seen. Everyone is totally confused especially when we lost 20 seconds with time running. That gave me flashbacks of the Alcoa game when that happened tonight. Their so predictable even a caveman can tell you what their going to do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The three guys signaling has to be the biggest joke I've ever seen. Everyone is totally confused especially when we lost 20 seconds with time running. That gave me flashbacks of the Alcoa game when that happened tonight. Their so predictable even a caveman can tell you what their going to do. 

I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s truly unreal. And embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, pepvol said:

This type of season happens to everyone, my pint being BarneySox is just a super fan that never picks against his team. I’m here to make sure he realizes that lol 

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

This type of season happens to everyone, my pint being BarneySox is just a super fan that never picks against his team. I’m here to make sure he realizes that lol 

I'll be honest with you, I take a hit for the team. I knew in my gut they would go over there tonight and lay a  big egg but I sure didn't want to go say that before the game. After you take Vaughn and LaDue away from Maryville they would lose a couple more games than they have, Farragut and Bearden would be two of them. Maryville is totally dependent on those two boys to dig them out of the hole the rest of that mediocre offense gets them into. They have ran Vaughn this year like a pack mule simply because there are not anymore weapons. I have never seen a Maryville team so thin on talent with so many players dressed out in my life. They came out of the bus tonight looking like Tarzan but played like jane especially when their big running back ran through them like a dose of salt. I'm a sore loser MJ.