Mustangs coming to Trenton

horse

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Should be a dandy.  I've got my eyes on this one. I'm sure lots of folks do.

I see yall played last night.  You get to kick back  & enjoy scores coming in.

We are off,  so I think I'll head to Jasper tonight. 

Yeah I'm gonna check out a local game, Landers are finally healthy, gonna see how they look.

1 hour to kickoff and it's almost time to bring the hype to fruition. 

After last week's loss to Westview, the Mustangs are looking to get back on the win train. Got our work cut out for us in this one, though. Trenton has scheduled Senior night against the team that gave them one of 3 losses in their entire high school careers. They have all the motivation in the world to want to lay a whoopin on these Mustangs. 

Everyone knows about the Mustangs run game. The season-long strong run defense got exposed last week when Westview was able to stretch out the secondary with the pass game. I imagine Peabody will have a very similar game plan on offense with their abilities to run and pass as well. The question for Peabody will be how does their defense stand up to the huntingdon run game? Huntingdon offense will not having you guessing what the play is but it does cause defenses to guess which direction the ball is going. Guess right and your defense will be successful. Guess wrong you you will get burned. 

I see this as a true 50/50 game that either team could win. I say this game comes down to whichever defense can make the most stops.

I'm not a good score guesser, but I'll go 41-35 Huntingdon