Huntland travels to Tiger hill

City223

On 10/17/2022 at 2:06 PM, GreatTiger said:

I remember back in 2014 Huntland beat City 48-14 and announced the records they broke to the crowd at the end of the game.  It was the second varsity team we had and if memory serves correctly we only had 19 healthy kids at the time.  Huntland set the tone for our rivalry in football that evening IMO.  This week reminds me of that but the other way around.

Friday night is going to be no fun for Huntland.   Respect to the Hornet players for sticking with their team during a tough year.  Best wishes for good health to both teams.

Go Tigers!

I remember that. Was very odd response considering the year before city could have put 200 on huntland and chose not to. I wouldn’t be surprised to see city put 60 up tonight. May be one of the last city vs huntland games for the foreseeable future 

I don't see how City could have kept the score down  in some of the region mismatches this year.  We have lots of kids on the team who need playing time and the chance to get personal stats and experience.  Coach Johnson is a good guy who subs his players out once he has given them the opportunity to play and reap the rewards of their work during the week.  The situation has often been that the second string has little drop off and later the freshman linemen come in fresh against tired players and dominate.  Combine that with speedy freshman skill players and the Tiger cubs start to score.  What seems intentional is in reality just a coach developing his players.  SP has had to deal with this when they have had mismatches in their region.   This is why I like the new "Mercy Rule" even though it reduces the number of plays available to sub out and develop the team.

City going to 2A for a couple of years will be good in developing the program. Region opponents should have more depth. 

I kinda wish there were a way to flex on the Huntland coaches tonight without being too rough on the players.   I don't see how to do that either.  Such is life.

34 minutes ago, GreatTiger said:

I don't see how City could have kept the score down  in some of the region mismatches this year.  We have lots of kids on the team who need playing time and the chance to get personal stats and experience.  Coach Johnson is a good guy who subs his players out once he has given them the opportunity to play and reap the rewards of their work during the week.  The situation has often been that the second string has little drop off and later the freshman linemen come in fresh against tired players and dominate.  Combine that with speedy freshman skill players and the Tiger cubs start to score.  What seems intentional is in reality just a coach developing his players.  SP has had to deal with this when they have had mismatches in their region.   This is why I like the new "Mercy Rule" even though it reduces the number of plays available to sub out and develop the team.

City going to 2A for a couple of years will be good in developing the program. Region opponents should have more depth. 

I kinda wish there were a way to flex on the Huntland coaches tonight without being too rough on the players.   I don't see how to do that either.  Such is life.

I agree with you GT all except the mercy rule.  I wouldn't have dropped it from 35 points to 30.  Too big of a drop I think.