Bradley @ Rhea County

Rhea Co.

20 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

I suppose if .500 or better year in and year out is the goal then yes, I would consider McMinn successful. 

I mean everyone's goal is to go to the championship but mcminn just joined 5a in 2021  the last time they realigned schools  like everyone in 6a at the time noone was getting through Maryville, and even if you did you still had Oakland.  Last year we win 8-4, lost second round of playoffs.   We got a  "covid" loss to dobyn Bennetts in second round finishing 11-1 losing to Maryville earlier in regular season 21-2 for 2020. 2019 we finished 9-2 and got upset by Bearden after being them in regular season. 2018 was a rebuild  going 4-6 same for 2017. 2016 7-4 lost to state champions Farragut in first round something like 40-22. 2015 they went 5-6 and played a bowl game against David Crockett and won 42-32.  2014 was the  2nd worst year in recent history  went 3-7

2013 4-6 with several close losses somehow didn't make 6a playoffs they beat bradley and walker valley yet they still made it, I didn't really understand how that old playoff format worked.2012 they went 10-2 losing to Riverdale in 2nd round. 2011 they went 8-3 losing to oak ridge  1st round. 2010 was the worst year in recent history they went 2-8 only beat Mcminn Central and Walker valley. 2000s were pretty kind to them besides 2004 or 5 when they didn't make playoffs and went like 4-6/5-5. 

Edited by RichyRich

On 10/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, Fandom101 said:

What has happened at Rhea? Every year, you hear, this should be the year, then nothing. This might be the worst in recent memory.

2019 9-3

2020 10-2 (region champs)

2021 10-3 (region champs)

However lets talk about the three loses. 

1) Alcoa 3A state champs

2) Elizabethton who was the two time defending state champs and at the time they played Rhea co 34-1 in the past 35 games. And then they went on to get runner up in double OT in the 4a title game.

3) Powell 5a state champs with the #1 player in the country on their team.

And just to add to the narrative, all 3 games on the road.

I'm not sure where you got "nothing" from but they are playing alot of young guys this year. I think starting two seniors at most. 

Eagles will shock some people if they keep downplaying them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, elcants4life said:

2019 9-3

2020 10-2 (region champs)

2021 10-3 (region champs)

However lets talk about the three loses. 

1) Alcoa 3A state champs

2) Elizabethton who was the two time defending state champs and at the time they played Rhea co 34-1 in the past 35 games. And then they went on to get runner up in double OT in the 4a title game.

3) Powell 5a state champs with the #1 player in the country on their team.

And just to add to the narrative, all 3 games on the road.

I'm not sure where you got "nothing" from but they are playing alot of young guys this year. I think starting two seniors at most. 

Eagles will shock some people if they keep downplaying them.

EXACTLY!!! I'll guarantee one thing... We're more dangerous now than at the beginning of the year. Should be an entertaining game with Bradley Friday night.

Bradley Central  20

Rhea County        10

Halftime

One of Bradley's TD's was a blocked FG returned for a TD.

Another was a pick-6.  Sophomore QB is doing pretty good, and will be better with more experience.

Rhea has been running it up and down the field... Just need to finish drives.

14 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Bradley Central  20

Rhea County        10

Halftime

One of Bradley's TD's was a blocked FG returned for a TD.

Another was a pick-6.  Sophomore QB is doing pretty good, and will be better with more experience.

Rhea has been running it up and down the field... Just need to finish drives.

The blocked field goal was just an athletic play on Bradley’s part. 

We have got to clean up the penalties in the 2nd half and keep possession of the ball. Otherwise the defense is playing pretty good and they can’t stop Ethan Davis again this year. 

5 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

The blocked field goal was just an athletic play on Bradley’s part. 

We have got to clean up the penalties in the 2nd half and keep possession of the ball. Otherwise the defense is playing pretty good and they can’t stop Ethan Davis again this year. 

Davis had 150 yards in the first half.