Last football game at Hillwood is this week

nrgrizzlies

I am sure there will be a bunch of folks present to say goodbye to the Hillwood Football program Friday night. With wins over Cheatham County, Hunters Lane, Montgomery Central and Glencliff over a three-year period (6 wins total), I do not see anything that leads me to believe this staff and players go out with a win, but I hope I am wrong.  Great guys on the current staff but for some reason, they haven't been able to get it done. Best of luck to the Toppers on Friday night.  

10 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I wonder if they still crying about the name of the school smh

Would you cry if they took the name Pearl out and changed it to something else?

When they closed Pearl and Cohn and combined them they could have named the school after someone that 99% of the kids had never heard of, but instead they paid homage to the alumni of the two schools and named it Pearl-Cohn.

New School should be either Hillvue or Bellwood, period.

Edited by MichaelMyers76
  • Like 3

The only butt-hurt over that name that I know of are the people in Bellevue who are still butt-hurt over having an almost new high school turned into a middle school and all the senior high kids bussed to HHS in the early 80's.  I can understand their frustration back then but this is a lifetime later.  And anybody who can afford to live near Hillwood in this era and actually has kids young enough to be in school (not many fit that demographic) send the kids to $$$$$ private schools anyway.  Not public schools.