Region 1

Chuckey Doak, Unicoi County, Johnson County, West Greene, Claiborne

Region 2

Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg Pittman, Alcoa, Austin East, Union County

Region 3

Loudon, Kingston,  Scott, Meigs County, Sweetwater, McMinn Central

Region 4

Tyner, Brainerd, Chattanooga Central, Sequatchie County,  Grundy County 

That definitely makes sense for region 3 & 4 those schools are pretty close to each other.

2 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

I can't answer that....I just know they are not moving up. Which I think would be awesome if they waited until the past minute and shocked some teams that are playing up to avoid them lol. 

They aren't moving up because they wouldn't be able to guarantee them a state title every year

2 minutes ago, WDE7227391 said:

They aren't moving up because they wouldn't be able to guarantee them a state title every year

Exactly, Coach Nix is in his first year as a head coach.  I know that he has been there for a long time, but it's different winning a championship as a head coach.  The fans being satisfied with more competitive games, doesn't ever cross the coaches minds.  It's all about WINNING!

And the sad part is, the TSSAA may have one Region with 9 teams and the next Region with 4-5 teams, they are not worried about balance or anything like that.  As long as they can't get all of those playoff gates, they're good.  50% of all playoff gates.  My buddies in Georgia complain about the GHSA taking up to 18% for playoff games.

53 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

That definitely makes sense for region 3 & 4 those schools are pretty close to each other.

Word in Sevier County is Pigeon Forge and GP will be headed to region 1…. They will move Loudon, Sweetwater, Kingston and Scott to region 2 with Alcoa (if they stay in 3A), AE and Union. West Greene is no longer in 3A… this will give region 1 6 teams and region 2 6 teams…. 

7 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

Word in Sevier County is Pigeon Forge and GP will be headed to region 1…. They will move Loudon, Sweetwater, Kingston and Scott to region 2 with Alcoa (if they stay in 3A), AE and Union. West Greene is no longer in 3A… this will give region 1 6 teams and region 2 6 teams…. 

Would Loudon play up to avoid Alcoa?

2 hours ago, MolandTigers said:

I have no dog in this race, but region 4 seems jacked up. Giles County which is at the Alabama line and White House Heritage which is at the Kentucky line doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Only info I have is from wife’s side of the family who lives there but it’s  been rumored Giles will move up to 4a to be able to play more local region games. 

With White House and Station Camp more than likely going to Region 5 in 4a, does that send Marshall County, and Giles County (If they play up) to Region 6?  Or does Station Camp and White House go to Region 4 with the Cookeville area schools, which will add White County to the mix.  Region 3 loses East Hamilton and Chattanooga Central, but adds Signal Mountain.  I feel like Sequoyah is a borderline Region 2/3, but losing a team in Region 3 makes them lean more towards Chattanooga.  Is Pearl Cohn going to play up?

Edited by TNClassified