Halls at MASE

jtm52k

I'm going to have to stick to my guns on this one.

Hopefully for @WildBill2388 I'm wrong. MASE looks to be about the 4th-5th best team in the west.

I've seen a lot more film on them and I don't think they're in the same league with Trenton, McKenzie, or City. That LC 2nd round game will be a good one. I will update their ceiling to 3rd round though. They have energy. Incredibly undisciplined, but energy nonetheless. I like that.

7 hours ago, pujo said:

We have the same feeling. Monsters out there though. Some great playoff game to be played in the west. Much easier road in the East.

I’ve been saying from the jump that these boys are for real. Coach Miller is not the same old Memphis area coach. This is not the same old Memphis area team.

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Didn't realized that MASE did give up 12 points last week to Mantachie (MS). MASE won the game 30-12. 

Mantachie will play Kossuth tomorrow. Kossuth did beat Adamsville 42-21 earlier this year. 

Before the MASE game last week, Mantachie was averaging 41 points heading into the game, but only scored 12.

Just throwing that out there.

Look at the teams Mantachie has played those teams are terrible that team is not a measuring stick 

1 hour ago, Doc931 said:

Look at the teams Mantachie has played those teams are terrible that team is not a measuring stick 

Same can be said about Fayetteville when they beat Red Banks... look who that team plays but yet you feel thats a good win for them. Stop the bias none of the big dawgs in 1A really play anybody because their the top dawgs.  Peabody, Fayetteville, Mase, and McKenzie all have cupcake schedules.

3 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

I'm going to have to stick to my guns on this one.

Hopefully for @WildBill2388 I'm wrong. MASE looks to be about the 4th-5th best team in the west.

I've seen a lot more film on them and I don't think they're in the same league with Trenton, McKenzie, or City. That LC 2nd round game will be a good one. I will update their ceiling to 3rd round though. They have energy. Incredibly undisciplined, but energy nonetheless. I like that.

Undisciplined is not a true statement!

How can you tell they undisciplined by watching film . Please tell me sir!

16 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Undisciplined is not a true statement!

How can you tell they undisciplined by watching film . Please tell me sir!

There is a lot of pre-snap movement on the OL.

They run the mouth, or at least participate in running the mouth. BT Washington game is an example and for what it's worth, it appeared that BTW was the aggressor, but MASE still participated.

There is a lot of blatant holding.

These things can't happen against teams that have similar talent and all are telltale signs of a lack of discipline.

Edited by TheRefuter

4 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

They run the mouth, or at least participate in running the mouth. BT Washington game is an example and for what it's worth, it appeared that BTW was the aggressor, but MASE still participated.

These things can't happen against teams that have similar talent. 

Lol ok sir I get it you can call holding on every play in football. The BTW game was a hostile environment from the jump! The MASE kids was protecting their teammates for the Bull jive that’s was going on!

BTW didn’t want to play football . They wanted to fight from on set of the game!

BTW had several kids ejected from the game not MASE!

So discipline is not an issue with MASE!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

These things can't happen against teams that have similar talent and all are telltale signs of a lack of discipline.

If a team is undisciplined teams don't beat triple option teams. Alignment and Assignment prevails over the refs every time. Refs sometimes throw flags on them to keep the game from getting out of hand took Peabody whole game to get to 43... Mase had 44 in a quarter in a half.

13 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Lol ok sir I get it you can call holding on every play in football. The BTW game was a hostile environment from the jump! The MASE kids was protecting their teammates for the Bull jive that’s was going on!

BTW didn’t want to play football . They wanted to fight from on set of the game!

BTW had several kids ejected from the game not MASE!

So discipline is not an issue with MASE!

Look. I just analyze the film.

I do it objectively, and to my trained eye, MASE is undisciplined when compared to McKenzie, Peabody, LC, or City.

It's true there is holding on every play, but we teach OL to keep it tight. MASE does not. 

BTW isn't the only game I've seen talking and extra curriculars. If another team wants to get chippy, we answer between the whistles and let the refs handle the rest. 

MASE OL rock in stance. While it doesn't get called every time, it still suggests that they lack discipline.

All of that is okay. They haven't been together all that long from what I understand, and I'm sure this coach will implement a system and environment in the future if they plan on sticking around and winning big games. 

Edited by TheRefuter
  • Upvote 1

I went to the game last night and just letting you know MASE will be a problem for Trenton and Lake Co. The speed alone was night was different from anything I have seen this year. I watched Halls play both Trenton and Lake Co and I think MASE will will expose both teams just with the athleticism. 

Now I'm not saying that MASE will beat them but man it will be a game to watch. Being a Halls fan, I'm just telling you have I have observed. Halls gave up against Peabody but they tried last night and just could not do anything with MASE. They are a problem 

2 minutes ago, BigBama37 said:

If a team is undisciplined teams don't beat triple option teams. Alignment and Assignment prevails over the refs every time. Refs sometimes throw flags on them to keep the game from getting out of hand took Peabody whole game to get to 43... Mase had 44 in a quarter in a half.

I agree with the principle there because it's true. 

However, in this case, the talent gap was so big that it doesn't matter how well you run the veer.

MASE's athleticism is definitely a force to be reckoned with.