Halls at MASE

jtm52k

Just now, Tigerblood15 said:

Most of the MASE calls come from the OL throwing the defenders on the ground. The refs are trying to protect the defenders, then half of the holding calls are from receivers blocking down field. MASE probably  only has 10 maybe 9 holding calls no exaggeration.  Last three games 2 hold calls and one false start from a jv guy. 

I don't think y'all are on the same page with the "undisciplined" label...my take is assignment football, and by that, I mean everybody be where they are supposed to be and be doing what they are supposed to be doing. Getting flagged at crucial times and jawing highlight it, but a great player trying to do too much can hurt you more.

19 minutes ago, Tigerblood15 said:

Most of the MASE calls come from the OL throwing the defenders on the ground. The refs are trying to protect the defenders, then half of the holding calls are from receivers blocking down field. MASE probably  only has 10 maybe 9 holding calls no exaggeration.  Last three games 2 hold calls and one false start from a jv guy. 

They let westview get away with it in Huntingdon so why wouldn’t MASE get away with it also? Just saying. 

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I don't think y'all are on the same page with the "undisciplined" label...my take is assignment football, and by that, I mean everybody be where they are supposed to be and be doing what they are supposed to be doing. Getting flagged at crucial times and jawing highlight it, but a great player trying to do too much can hurt you more.

I think you guys need to understand that MASE is not the average Memphis team.

Yes they have mental brain farts ; but so does every team they plays football. But to say they are undisciplined is a slap in the face to the coaching staff that prides they self on discipline and fundamentals.

Big games are not a new thing to these guys they are battled tested from past years. The OL has been together for 4 years so they are solid. The defense returns 6 starters from last year’s defense that is very solid Vs the run! They are a well rounded team overall just from watching them play the last 3 yrs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerblood15 said:

I think everybody in this group chat needs to go watch the film. Go watch the film and tell me you know football. Go watch 6A Germantown vs mase on YouTube and then go watch Lausanne vs MASE number 3 team in private school ball. With a QB committed to OHIO STATE. Guarantee MEMPHIS ALL-STAR-ENLISTMENTS has seen its fair share of tough teams. Plus most of those boys played against TY Simpson a QB that is currently at the  University of ALABAMA and held him to 15 points his lowest scoring game of the season. NOT TO MENTION THEY BEAT A HUNTINGTON TEAM THAT MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH PEABODY and HELD A TRIPLE OPTION OFFENSE AVERAGING 300 YARDS RUSHING GAME TO UNDER A 100.

EYE IN THE SKY DONT LIE LAKE COUNTY GAVE UP 20 points and was in a dog fight in the first half to a team that got thoroughly dominated by the freshmen and jv team in the second half.

Hold on. I don’t think I would call it a floor mopping. No one mops the floor with Peabody.

12 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

I think you guys need to understand that MASE is not the average Memphis team.

Yes they have mental brain farts ; but so does every team they plays football. But to say they are undisciplined is a slap in the face to the coaching staff that prides they self on discipline and fundamentals.

Big games are not a new thing to these guys they are battled tested from past years. The OL has been together for 4 years so they are solid. The defense returns 6 starters from last year’s defense that is very solid Vs the run! They are a well rounded team overall just from watching them play the last 3 yrs. 

Please don't group me with the "MASE ain't good because they ain't played nobody" crowd...I've had the opinion that they would be dangerous for ANYBODY in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerblood15 said:

I think everybody in this group chat needs to go watch the film. Go watch the film and tell me you know football. Go watch 6A Germantown vs mase on YouTube and then go watch Lausanne vs MASE number 3 team in private school ball. With a QB committed to OHIO STATE. Guarantee MEMPHIS ALL-STAR-ENLISTMENTS has seen its fair share of tough teams. Plus most of those boys played against TY Simpson a QB that is currently at the  University of ALABAMA and held him to 15 points his lowest scoring game of the season. NOT TO MENTION THEY BEAT A HUNTINGTON TEAM THAT MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH PEABODY and HELD A TRIPLE OPTION OFFENSE AVERAGING 300 YARDS RUSHING GAME TO UNDER A 100.

EYE IN THE SKY DONT LIE LAKE COUNTY GAVE UP 20 points and was in a dog fight in the first half to a team that got thoroughly dominated by the freshmen and jv team in the second half.

I get it Mase is very proud to have beaten a team with the reputation of Huntingdon. Your proud to have held them to around 100 yards. I get it and you should be proud. But let's remember that the final s ore of that game was one point as Mase won 8-7. Huntingdon did a shut down number on Mase as well. The difference in the game is that apparently Mase is yet another in the long line of Memphis teams that are not very good at hitting the extra points they went for 2pts on their one score while Huntingdon went for a one point conversion on its one score. Both teams defenses did a job on the other. The lack of a kicking game can bite you fast and it does for some good Mempho teams. 

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I get it Mase is very proud to have beaten a team with the reputation of Huntingdon. Your proud to have held them to around 100 yards. I get it and you should be proud. But let's remember that the final s ore of that game was one point as Mase won 8-7. Huntingdon did a shut down number on Mase as well. The difference in the game is that apparently Mase is yet another in the long line of Memphis teams that are not very good at hitting the extra points they went for 2pts on their one score while Huntingdon went for a one point conversion on its one score. Both teams defenses did a job on the other. The lack of a kicking game can bite you fast and it does for some good Mempho teams. 

After watching Peabody tonight don’t know if I believe the hype!

I can see it already.  Come playoff time MASE will play Trenton or McKenzie and get about 150 yards in penalties and claim that the refs didn't want them to win.  The fact will be though that every penalty called will be correct.  The refs do not quit calling penalties when a certain number has been reached.  If you hold ten times in a row then you're going to end up on the one half yard line with your back to the goal line.  Still yet, the penalties are legit and the rules of the game has to be upheld.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

I can see it already.  Come playoff time MASE will play Trenton or McKenzie and get about 150 yards in penalties and claim that the refs didn't want them to win.  The fact will be though that every penalty called will be correct.  The refs do not quit calling penalties when a certain number has been reached.  If you hold ten times in a row then you're going to end up on the one half yard line with your back to the goal line.  Still yet, the penalties are legit and the rules of the game has to be upheld.

Well Peabody had about close to 150 or 200 yds in penalties  tonight my man!

MASE will not complain they will continue to play ball nice try!

• Upvote 2

On 10/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, mrbigster said:

Do they throw the ball much or basically a running team ? Does qb have good arm or he a runner?LC may not win but shouldn't be intimated by Mase being undefeated after playing Trenton,Union City and Haywood.Was disappointed in the play calling against Halls.Thought Day Day could have ran on Halls right side around the end anytime.Plus qb didn't run but once or twice.Maybe by design and not showing things they will do in playoffs.

A little bit of both. Threw a lot of bubble screens and slants. Speed on the outside is very good. QB has a lively arm though. Could throw the ball 40+ yards on a dime. He was doing it in warmups.

As far as Halls gameplan, we tried throwing a little more and hit a few big plays down field but could not produce any points.