TC vs H20

biggest

I’ve only commented a few times on this website because as my husband says most comments on here are pretty idiotic. But as a mama that has the star player for the Jackets I definitely look each week to see what people say about my child. I’ve seen good things and bad things. Shame on everyone that speaks ill of any child on any team. With that being said I am a die hard Jacket fan. Win or loose. My kid #7 showed out last night scoring every single point. Along with the help of his team and AMAZING coaching we shut Watertown down. I know Blake isn’t a fan among most of you but after last night he deserves respect. So stop mouthing off. It’s ridiculous. I’m not looking to start a conversation with any of you. I’m stating facts. Blake has pushed my kid and put faith in my kid. After Kobyn got hurt playing whites creek last year and had to have torn labrum surgery we weren’t sure he’d be back to 100 percent but if you have watched any game you know he is better than he ever was. So I say thank you Blake for EVERYTHING you do for Calhoun. Playoffs here we come. My kid and the team kept the playoff streak alive. So all the negative people surely you gotta give them a little credit for what they did! But sadly some of you won’t. Anyway that’s my thoughts and I honestly don’t give a good rats butt what y’all think so don’t come back at me. I’m just saying WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, MistyC said:

I’ve only commented a few times on this website because as my husband says most comments on here are pretty idiotic. But as a mama that has the star player for the Jackets I definitely look each week to see what people say about my child. I’ve seen good things and bad things. Shame on everyone that speaks ill of any child on any team. With that being said I am a die hard Jacket fan. Win or loose. My kid #7 showed out last night scoring every single point. Along with the help of his team and AMAZING coaching we shut Watertown down. I know Blake isn’t a fan among most of you but after last night he deserves respect. So stop mouthing off. It’s ridiculous. I’m not looking to start a conversation with any of you. I’m stating facts. Blake has pushed my kid and put faith in my kid. After Kobyn got hurt playing whites creek last year and had to have torn labrum surgery we weren’t sure he’d be back to 100 percent but if you have watched any game you know he is better than he ever was. So I say thank you Blake for EVERYTHING you do for Calhoun. Playoffs here we come. My kid and the team kept the playoff streak alive. So all the negative people surely you gotta give them a little credit for what they did! But sadly some of you won’t. Anyway that’s my thoughts and I honestly don’t give a good rats butt what y’all think so don’t come back at me. I’m just saying WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy the fish sammiches  and keep that same energy

24 minutes ago, MistyC said:

Keep that same energy for next week and get you some cheese and extra pickles with hot sauce on that fish sandwich at Tyner next week 

17 minutes ago, Tigerdaddyfresh said:

Keep that same energy for next week and get you some cheese and extra pickles with hot sauce on that fish sandwich at Tyner next week 

Again my energy never changes. I know how my son plays. Win or loose I’m a Jacket fan. Unlike most people on here so regardless of the outcome I will still have this same energy…..

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Dude is overrated/over hyped 

Not sure where you been hiding the past several years since Hackett arrived on the scene, but you are way off base.  Hate if you will, but Hackett will have his name on many major plaques and trophies in the future (when he gets his shot).  Whether H20 or not, that "Dude" as you like to say is nothing but a winner in my book.  

1 hour ago, Tigerdaddyfresh said:

Here is the deal. Webster has to sit down and take a hard look this off-season. Cody Evans was not the answer as the OC struggled to get plays in and out had no rhythm in play calling. The offense changed every week.  Was the Qb play bad YES.  but that team deserved better.  It’s time for some new blood.  Everyone talked about Satterfield coaching everything in TC  but to me it looked like one man out coached the whole Watertown staff.

With the exception of Webster's first year as HC, due to a bad health year for me, I have followed and supported him and this WHS program faithfully.  I have helped hold up that broken top rail at the gate at the old field for years.  Here is my take.  Webster has done nothing but raise the bar at WHS since he has taken over. He's had a couple/few bad years.  And believe it or not by record, this wasnt his worse year.  With this all being put on the table, Webster has earned the right to bow out when he likes. (If done appropriatley)  And with your post, after waiting till after the season to get on here, well I will agree, this team deserved better.  I wouldnt have a clue what intentions Webster had this year with moving Evans to OC, but I would like to think he was attempting to set up the future for him to have a lesser role as OC and have people in place such as Evans (life long H20 guy) I might add, That would make his transition out a little more simple.  When that time were to come.  Now, unfortunatley that move obviously didnt work with Evans.  Not sure there's another coach on the staff with more background with Webster and H20 than Evans, but that ship never got out of the harbor.  Hewitt has a long standing history, but the Hewitt ship never got off the production line back when he was OC, DC you name it.  He isnt an answer at all either.  Sorry if I offend, but Webster would definitely be throwing the towel in if he tried Hewitt at OC.  Webster does have some football soul searching to do.  Is there anyone else on this staff that could make this offense click?  Or does Webster take it back over or go outside the staff circle and try to find someone?  That's if he does anything with Evans at all.         

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, OnTheFence said:

With the exception of Webster's first year as HC, due to a bad health year for me, I have followed and supported him and this WHS program faithfully.  I have helped hold up that broken top rail at the gate at the old field for years.  Here is my take.  Webster has done nothing but raise the bar at WHS since he has taken over. He's had a couple/few bad years.  And believe it or not by record, this wasnt his worse year.  With this all being put on the table, Webster has earned the right to bow out when he likes. (If done appropriatley)  And with your post, after waiting till after the season to get on here, well I will agree, this team deserved better.  I wouldnt have a clue what intentions Webster had this year with moving Evans to OC, but I would like to think he was attempting to set up the future for him to have a lesser role as OC and have people in place such as Evans (life long H20 guy) I might add, That would make his transition out a little more simple.  When that time were to come.  Now, unfortunatley that move obviously didnt work with Evans.  Not sure there's another coach on the staff with more background with Webster and H20 than Evans, but that ship never got out of the harbor.  Hewitt has a long standing history, but the Hewitt ship never got off the production line back when he was OC, DC you name it.  He isnt an answer at all either.  Sorry if I offend, but Webster would definitely be throwing the towel in if he tried Hewitt at OC.  Webster does have some football soul searching to do.  Is there anyone else on this staff that could make this offense click?  Or does Webster take it back over or go outside the staff circle and try to find someone?  That's if he does anything with Evans at all.         

Good post. Although I’m not sure of the ins and outs about why it didn’t work this year. Was it coaching or was it players or a combination. Only the staff can look at things this off-season and figure that out.  I’d like to think there is someone on staff that can make this team go offensively IF this year is not the answer as everyone is saying. I’m not a coach just like everyone else on here so I can’t say for sure. There seems to be 2-3 other offensive coaches on staff. Can they call plays or run an offense? Do they want that role? Are they ready for that role?  Who knows. Webster is a smart guy and I don’t see him letting his “legacy” at H20, as some like to call it, go out like it did last night. Until next year I’ll just sit back and have my own thoughts and opinions on it all. 

You must not have been on that fence too long. Hewitt has been with Webster since he started and has never been the OC at Watertown (he did end up having to call plays in a TCHS playoff year 2019 due to unfortunate incident (I think H20 scored 20 points that night).  Was the DC from 2006-2009 seasons had some health issues and then returned right before retiring for a short stint from 2014-2016.  I usually don't post on these silly boards but have enjoyed watching Watertown go from being a doormat to winning championships since I've lived here my whole life. Most of that is due to increase in talent but let us not forget the drop in talent from the opposition in the last few years not as good. At one time, Watertown had to play with  gold ball winners Friendship, G'Ville and Trousdale ever year when they were all pumping out Mr. Football finalists and Watertown has only had one guy that should have won Mr. Football in Heath Price and IMO those years are really the only years Watertown really had a chance to win a Gold Ball. Love my Watertown Boy's, Family, and Community but we just get dominated in the offensive and defensive lines in most years and that is truly where every game is won and lost. H2O has some strong young coaches that were key contributors in turning Watertown around. Although I don't think giving OC to Hewitt is throwing in the towel, but Hewitt is Old, not healthy, and probably too set in his ways to get this bunch into the right system for them.  If memory serves me right he only knows the spread and throwing the ball 30 or 40 times a game. and that would be a bad fit. I do see a lot of the "young guns" on staff that he and Webster used to coach and look forward to seeing those guys get better and start getting to put their stamp on the program in carrying on the Purple Tiger Pride.  Hindsight is 20/20 but after the job Webster did last year with that bunch, should have rode off to the sunset and passed the mantle to some really good young football coaches and now that this team is going 3A and probably going to East Nashville every Friday nights. Go enjoy being the All-Time Win leader in Watertown Football History and having your teams and players break every record Watertown has ever had and go play golf or go travel the world. Oh, and tell Hewitt he needs to retire as well, he looks like an old geezer trying to figure out how to coach with that I-Pad every week and his eyes too weak to see the field.